Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the ideal climate

Default the ideal climate

With skin like mine, I figure living in Florida can't be a good idea. I'm always wondering if I could avoid some of the acne, fungal infections, skin irritations, and facial redness/blushing (I'm not sure I am formally diagnosed with rosacea although upon my latest derm visit she did state that it seems I have it) if it weren't for this hot, humid, sunny climate.

But then colder climates get harsher winters, with drying heaters and I hear that the cold makes your cheeks pink... does it (assumably) worsen rosacea also (I have lived in Florida since I was 4 so I wouldn't really know)? What impact does living year-round in cooler climates have on rosacea? What do you think the ideal climate would be for rosacea?

This depends on your case. In my case, I respond to cool, humid climates best. Hot, humid climates are worst for me - especially indoors. Perhaps something like Seattle would work ideally for me?

When you have rosacea you have things that trigger your blushing, right? And isn't it that the more you are exposed to these triggers the more sensitive you become and the worse your rosacea gradually becomes? So the longer I live in Florida, the worse my Rosacea will become? Could I slow it down by moving elsewhere? I am a minor living with my parents, currently, so that is kind of out of the question...

One can take preventative measures to stop the progression of the disease. For isntance, supplementing with free radical killers such as SOD and GSE. I suggest you read the threads on this forum to gather as much info as you can.

Pleasantly warm all year round for me please. A helpful soul once suggested I might find this in San Francisco. Always nice to have a large bridge hard by.

Beautiful things, bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by GJ
    Pleasantly warm all year round for me please. A helpful soul once suggested I might find this in San Francisco. Always nice to have a large bridge hard by.

Beautiful things, bridges.

ahhhh yes bridges , i would probably have to live under one if i was chose to move to San Francisco , living expences are astronomical there and its not all that pleasantly warm all year round

San Diego , thats more like it , but also VERY expensive
    "na zdrowie" and be cool - literally

Quote Originally Posted by fut
    One can take preventative measures to stop the progression of the disease. For isntance, supplementing with free radical killers such as SOD and GSE. I suggest you read the threads on this forum to gather as much info as you can.
    I'm just wonderin what is SOD and how does it help Rosacea?

Also got take GSE with large amounts of vitamin C and E has any bad health affects?

I read somewhere that GSE and vitamin C or E together was bad for you.

Robert
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

Yeah--SF or the Pacific northwest (I'm hoping to move out there some time in the next couple of years) sound like the best places to live in the US.
    I would think the UK would be fairly forgiving, too.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

I think southern Oregon is a pretty nice place to live in, especially the drier inland parts. I lived at the Oregon coast for awhile and the rosacea flare=ups were worse I think due to the constant dampness. Reading about the fungal concerns above made me think about how incredible Bactrim is working for me. It's a sulfa drug and besides clearing up the blemishes/redness it also totally drained out a longstanding sinus infection that had been there for 5 years since living at the coast. My derm thinks the infection may have been fungal in nature and that could've been aggravating other inflammation type stuff. I've given up trying to sort out what's happening but am thankful that something's working right now!

CV

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid
    I would think the UK would be fairly forgiving, too.
    though not for those of us who live here obviously....