Thread: OTC or Herbal alternative to Klaron 10%?

Default OTC or Herbal alternative to Klaron 10%?

I have fairly mild rosacea fluctuating between stages 1 and 2 and have been using Klaron 10% topically to take care of the problem. So far so good it seems to keep my Rosacea in check very well with only needing a n oral antibiotic every couple years or so. However my husband and I have opened our own business and now have HORRIBLE health insurance with all medications come completely out of our pocket. Klaron is very expensive and I am wondering if anyone knows of an OTC or herbal treatment that contains 10% Sodium Sulfacetamide? I've spent hours seaching the web and asked my Pharmasist to no avail. The only option my Pharmasist suggested is a product that contains 10% Sodium Sulfacetamide and 5% Sulfur. Has anyone tried this? It sounds scary and with only a $30 difference in price I'm not sure I want to risk the change. If I could find something OTC or herbal that would make a bigger price difference I might consider it.

Thanks in advance,
    Beth

I have heard good things about this product.

http://bluesagenaturals.com/serioussalve.php

I have ordered it and am waiting for mine. You can do a google group search for this product and alot of people have said good things about it.

Thanks for the information, lissac67. I'm a bit skeptical after reading the mite reference since there's such a big controversy over the possibility that this condition is mite related.

Please let us all know what you think of this product when you've used it for a while.

Thanks again.

Yes, I am not always sure what to believe. I figured my prescription for antibiotics was $40 a month. So for around that I could try this cream. Like I said, haven't tried it, so no idea if it is good or not. Some place Dr. Nase said he thought it was worth a shot. Not sure where I saw it. I will definately report back on it after using it for a while.