Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nose

Default Nose

My nose feels really swollen and it looks swollen as well. It tends to get red at night and throb, feel hot, sting, but I have no p&p on it.

Will it keep swelling? I thought this happened in patients of older age.

When I breath, it feels like I have a stuffy nose but I don't.

Default Re: Nose

Quote Originally Posted by lafittevillage
    My nose feels really swollen and it looks swollen as well. It tends to get red at night and throb, feel hot, sting, but I have no p&p on it.

Hi lafittevillage,

I have the exact same problem so I know how you feel. My nose also swells at night when I go to bed, this is very regular and I do not know how to break that "trend".

For me I can feel the two vains on each side of my nose really start pulsating, and then my nose gets really red and swelled.

What are your triggers? If I exsercise then my nose will surely start to swell, also if I have some spice food or something, and if i'm in a heated room.

It does not seem like a lot of people suffer from this though, because threads like this rarely gets any replies..

Default nose

my triggers are mostly hot rooms, hot air and yeah, i dont know how many people suffer from this.

I have a somewhat similar problem with my nose...

My nose does not really get that red though, but it swells.

Default Nose

My nose flushes and swells, too. (lafittevillage, I know what you mean about that stuffy feeling.) It often seems to spontaneously happen late in the afternoon or early in the evening. My main Rosacea trigger is warmth, and something like a warm room can trigger it at any time of the day, too. Oh, and it is often a bit swollen, but pale, when I wake up in the morning.

I used to think my flushing cheeks were intolerable, now this is happening too... Aaarrgghh!!!

Best Wishes,
    Birgitta

Default Yup

Slippergirl - exact same symptoms. It's when I'm sitting on the couch and heater comes on that I start to notice swelling/redness. Why? I don't know. How am I supposed to avoid that trigger? I can't very well walk around with an icepack on my nose! : (

Seems like accutane is the only way to treat this too! %$#@ !!! !! ! !
    I don't want to live with it. I refuse to.

Default Re: Nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chris23
    Quote Originally Posted by lafittevillage

Hi lafittevillage,

I have the exact same problem so I know how you feel. My nose also swells at night when I go to bed, this is very regular and I do not know how to break that "trend".

For me I can feel the two vains on each side of my nose really start pulsating, and then my nose gets really red and swelled.

What are your triggers? If I exsercise then my nose will surely start to swell, also if I have some spice food or something, and if i'm in a heated room.

It does not seem like a lot of people suffer from this though, because threads like this rarely gets any replies..
    I have this persistent problem for years with nose swelling at night(No other symptoms like pustules). Every night when I go to sleep my nose swells and is slightly red (the redness doesn't bother me), by the time I wake up in the morning it is still swollen and only decreases throughout the day. I can't find anything to treat it and over the past 3 years my nose looks fatter than it did when I was 22.
    what have people found, anything, that works against nose swelling.

thought I would raise this topic again. I'm in the same boat as everyone who has posted above. In the evening my nose flushes, swells and goes red. Usually when I wake the swelling has gone, but now I'm finding that the swelling stays. My nose used to be a bit pointed but now its large and round at the end.
    I'm worried that this is Rhinophyma, though I dont have and lumps and I'm only 27, if that makes a difference?
    Is there anything that can be done to help this? Does IPL/Laser help or make it worse?

Hey guys, I can sympathise with you - I too thought it was bad having facial flushing but I didn't realise how much worse I could feel when my nose started flushing and swelling too. I have found that drinkinking ginger tea and taking a small amount of aspirin 2 or 3 times a day seems to help.

I have the same nose swelling and redness flushing issues.
    When I get a really bad flush on my cheeks usually my nose is involved. It gets red and swollen with a burning sensation. Throbbing and pulsating.

Sometimes, I get a nose flush on my own which includes the nose and a bit of the surrounding area. This is more distressing than just the cheek flushing for sure because of the swelling. I so hope this isn't a precursor to rhinophyma.

Best wishes,
    Melissa