Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible results with calendula oil

Default Incredible results with calendula oil

I ordered some calendula oil on eBay because it's supposed to soothe inflammation and be antibacterial.

(What I received was, specifically, "Calendula-infused almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil & vitamin E oil")

I dabbed a bit on, didn't see any immediate results, and forgot about it for a week.

Two days ago, I slathered my face with it and kept it on all evening. The next day, the difference was staggering!! Parts of my cheeks are almost completely pale, only the most stubborn permanent red areas remain. I did the same thing last night and I look even better today.

When I leave it on for a couple hours, it's like a miracle.

Here's a good article about calendula.

Just thought I'd share

Very interesting. Do you think it is the calendula that does the miracle, or is it the special combination with jojoba etc that does the trick?

Whats the brand name of the oil? Just curious as to who makes it.

unclebob,

I thought of that, and I really don't know. I assumed it was the calendula because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. I haven't researched those other oils yet, so I don't know what they're good for. Maybe I just got lucky and ordered it from the one person on eBay who makes this mixture that works so well for me... or maybe calendula in any form would do the trick.

In any case, I'm going to order a lot more!

FUredness,

It might be homemade, I'm not sure... it's "Joyful Girl Natural Products." I got it on eBay. It was a little embarrassing because when they packed it, they made it all girly with pink tissue paper and bows, sheesh...

I used it again last night, and this is the third day in a row I've woken up pale.

I've found calendula-infused oil works well for me also. My calendula oil has olive oil as the base, so that may point to the calendula actually helping rather than the almond, apricot, or jojoba oil.

It's actually really easy to infuse your own oil. Just buy the dried herb (I actually use a combo of calendula and chamomile), fill a sterile glass jar with the herb, pour in enough oil that it fills the jar, then let the herbs infuse in a sunny window sill for 1-3 weeks (depending on how strong you want it and how hot the sill is). Strain the oil using a cheesecloth. I use organic ingredients so as not to have pesticides in my oil. Adding vitamin E will help keep the oil from going rancid.

Default Re: Incredible results with calendula oil

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301
    I ordered some calendula oil on eBay because it's supposed to soothe inflammation and be antibacterial.

(What I received was, specifically, "Calendula-infused almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil & vitamin E oil")

I dabbed a bit on, didn't see any immediate results, and forgot about it for a week.

Two days ago, I slathered my face with it and kept it on all evening. The next day, the difference was staggering!! Parts of my cheeks are almost completely pale, only the most stubborn permanent red areas remain. I did the same thing last night and I look even better today.

When I leave it on for a couple hours, it's like a miracle.

Here's a good article about calendula.

Just thought I'd share
    Is this the same stuff?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NATURAL-CALMING-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, that's the exact one.

Well the price was right so I went ahead and ordered some!!

This user has been banned from this forum

I sense that calendula is cooling, it might be worth studying more for rosacea, perhaps add it to zincoxide creams to further cool down the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by beaniegrl
    I've found calendula-infused oil works well for me also. My calendula oil has olive oil as the base, so that may point to the calendula actually helping rather than the almond, apricot, or jojoba oil.

It's actually really easy to infuse your own oil. Just buy the dried herb (I actually use a combo of calendula and chamomile), fill a sterile glass jar with the herb, pour in enough oil that it fills the jar, then let the herbs infuse in a sunny window sill for 1-3 weeks (depending on how strong you want it and how hot the sill is). Strain the oil using a cheesecloth. I use organic ingredients so as not to have pesticides in my oil. Adding vitamin E will help keep the oil from going rancid.
    Beaniegirl.
    Where do you buy the dried herbs? And how much of each oil do you use?