Thread: drnase 10mg accutane/week during ipl?

Default drnase 10mg accutane/week during ipl?

Hi Dr.Nase im wondering if its possible to take 10mg accutane once a week during ipl treatments? Could 10mg accutane every friday really thin the skin? I really dont think it would...so then why not do ipl treatments at the same time? Accutane every day doesnt do anything for me but taking it every 7th day is very effective for me.

/Fred

What kind of results or improvements do you see by going on once a week?

And how long did it take for you to see these results?
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

The answer to that is most definately no.

but why does the answer have to be no..since Dr. Nase has said that 10mg EACH day doesnt thin the skin..how can then 10mg once a week do anything harmful? Would the ipl burn me or why would there be scarring? Just dont see why a small dose like that could be negative during ipl...but then again i dont know

the results of taking it once a week for me is that my permanent redness is dissapearing more and more..also i dont flush as much and it actually helps more against acne then when i tried taking it everyday. I guess thats cause i dont flush as much; my flushing is what is causing me to breakout. I first took accutane 10mg each day for 2 months..it didnt make anything better except for getting all that sebum out of there and making the swelling in my face go down. I flushed more then before i started taking the accutane and the permanent redness wasnt affected so i decided to stop taking the 10mg and start ipl treatments instead (havent done ipl yet).
    3 days after discontinueing i noticed my skin didnt burn or flush as easily, so i didnt take accutane for 5 days. The burning then started to come back so i took 10mg and the next day the redness had dissapeared even more. Well this is what ive been doing since then.

I've been advised to stay away from lasers during 10mg a day accutane. Think i might cut down to 10mg every other day to see what happens.

I don't want IPL right now, i want Alexandrite hair removal just on my chin. I've had it 6 times before with no ill effects but i've also had IPL which burnt me twice.

For me it's either get the hair removal and risk some scabbing and hyperpigmentation for a while (the pigmentation from my IPLs has gone now after 2 months 8) ) or continue to dig at these hairs with a pin which is leaving scabs and probably putting me at more risk than with the hair removal.

After a monthly hair removal my chin stays hair free and i get no bumps whatsoever, without it i'm getting bumps which is spreading over my chin leaving a nasty folliculitus mess. Makes me look rough.