Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neem capsules

Default Neem capsules

Hi has anyone else tried neem. I have been taking neem leaf capsules, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, and I like what i'm seeing, definately less redder and it seems to help with food(flushing) triggers. I also haven't had one lump/spot since taking it. The only down side is that I read on the website I bought it from that you are only suposed to take it for two months at a time.

I haven't tried it. I have some neem insecticide in my gardening cabinet which didn't work at all on my roses, but then, every kind of bug attacks roses. Is the idea of using neem to kill demodex mites?
    You can use the rosacea search engine to find everything that has been posted on all the boards about neem. http://www.rosaceagroup.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
    I'll go read what others say about it since it has worked so well for you. Since you can only use it for 2 months, you might want to try antihistamines (after your 2 months of neem is over) for your food flushing. They have worked for a lot of us with flushing to histamine-containing foods like yogurt and cheese.

Default Re: Neem capsules

Hi Karen,

I tried Neem oil before with no improvement. Glad that the capsule form works for you. What brand are you taking? No side-effects?

Thanks a lot, Winnie

Quote Originally Posted by karen_breeze
    Hi has anyone else tried neem. I have been taking neem leaf capsules, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, and I like what i'm seeing, definately less redder and it seems to help with food(flushing) triggers. I also haven't had one lump/spot since taking it. The only down side is that I read on the website I bought it from that you are only suposed to take it for two months at a time.
    [I have mild seborrheic dermatitis around both sides of my nose and along the eye brows. My nose is a little bit oily, other areas of my face is normal.]

Default neem capsules

Hi Winnie, the neem caps i'm taking are from 'nature4u'. I saw an Ayruvedic Doc whilst I was living in the the Middle East,who suggested giving them a try. I'm not taking them for demodex mites. The best thing with neem is that it didn't take long to see an improvement in my skin. I also found with neem, that I don't need to take an antihistamine(zyrtec) if I'm having an evening out. How long neem will continue to give good results, I don't know.

Thanks a lot, Karen!!

In the past I had browsed this site about Neem:
    http://www.herbscancure.com/neem.htm

But I only tried the Neem oil from a local store. I am taking Pau D'Arco and it lessen the seb derm redness about 50% (Elidel 35%). Seb derm redness is difficult to get rid of. Might try Neem capsules in the future.

Do you have seb derm or just rosacea?

Take care, Winnie
    [I have mild seborrheic dermatitis around both sides of my nose and along the eye brows. My nose is a little bit oily, other areas of my face is normal.]

What is the latest on your Neem experiences?
    I have just ordered some Neem pills and leaves and I am going to use it combined with Pau D`Arco. I have run out of Pau D`Arco at the moment, but I will get a new shipment in a couple of days. I find Pau D`Arco helpful.

Why is it that Neem can only be used for two months? Would it be enough to lay off it for a couple of weeks after the first two months, and then do another two months?

Thanks,
    Mads

Default neem

Hi Buster, I've been taking neem for several months now, and so far it's working very well, it seems to reduce sensitivities to food so I don't flush as much as i used to(but i am very careful with my diet). I take it for about 4 weeks then milk thistle for a week. It's the only supplement i've taken and noticed an improvement. I've tried grape seed extract, ester c, but no noticable improvement. I've started taking superoxide dismutase, I think it's also helping with the flushing. I've had about 10/11 yag laser treatments, which helps to keep the flushing/redness under control. Why stop taking neem every 2 months, not sure, i read this somewhere but gave no explanation as to why every 2 months.

It acts as a blood thinner (similar to aspirin) so you should never take it alongside aspirin, warfarin or other blood thinners. Also, you should stop it a few weeks before laser tx as it will inhibit clotting otherwise.

What was the rationale for the milk thistle in between? Isnt milk thistle for the liver? So can I assume that Neem is a stress for the liver?
    Ill have to check these things out.

Default neem

I also find Milk Thistle has a positive effect on my skin...Neem, Milk Thistle, routine works well for me.