Thread: Gladskin Rosacea

Default Gladskin Rosacea

Hi,

Has anyone used this product? I was doing pretty well on Oracea for a few months but now that the winter has kicked in and the central heating inside is on, my face has turned into a dry, bumpy mess again. So maybe it was not the Oracea that did it, but it was just the weather that was good voor my skin. So a few days ago, admitting that the rosacea had defeated me once again, I googled "rosacea cream" and up came a lot of hits on this cream called "Gladskin". It sounds too good to be true, most reviews on the website are positive. But I thought, why not try it. It claims to kill the Staphylococcus aureus bacterium, that might be a cause for rosacea. They are very fair in saying it will only work in those cases where one's rosacea is caused or made worse by this bacterium.
    I got my bottle in the mail today and will let you know how it works out.

Unfortunately, I got some sort of allergic reaction to the cream. Which is weird because it has very few ingredients. I emailed the company and they said it might be the lanolin in the cream but for as far as I know I am not allergic to that. They offered me to send a free bottle of the gel, which has no lanolin and even less ingredients. I am scared to use it though and am for now using Cicalfate cream to calm down the allergic reaction. I so much hate this condition...

Default Gladskin

Dear Angela,

We came across this message and are sorry to hear that you are hesitant about trying the Gladskin Gel. At the moment we have a new, hypoallergenic gel which reduces the possibility of having an allergic or sensitivity reaction.
    If you are still interested or if you have any questions about the effects of Gladskin please do not hesitate to contact us. We understand this frustrating condition so we hope to still be able to mean something to you.
    Kind regards,
    The Gladskin team

Here is Gladskin's website:
    https://www.gladskin.com/en/

"A revolutionary breakthrough

Billions of bacteria live on our skin. The vast majority is essential for a healthy skin but some bacteria can cause or aggravate skin problems, such as rosacea, acne, eczema and skin irritation. Gladskin is the world's only product targeting just the unwanted bacteria. It marks a new era in the control of skin problems.

Bad news for unwanted bacteria

But good news for your skin
    Astir Award Winner Best Discovery 2013 Beauty Press Innovation Award Winner 2014
    rosacea acne eczema skin-irritation
    Learn more about the technology behind Gladskin products

Our products are built on extensive scientific research by Micreos Human Health of The Netherlands in collaboration with a leading university from Switzerland. Do you want to learn more about the science and technology behind our products? Read more."
    Uses: 22,5 mg mirtazapine, clonidine and propranolol, Xyzal at times.
    Diet: trying low sugar, no gluten and dairy, high protein diet.
    Link to my rosacea blog http://scarletnat.blogspot.com

Default Pharmaceutisch Weekblad (Dutch magazine for pharmacists and doctor's)

New therapy targets only the pathogenic bacteria. May 2014

A new therapy appears to be promising for acne, eczema, rosacea and skin irritation. Antibiotics target not only the pathogenic bacteria, but also the good bacteria, whilst these enzymes target only the staphylococci that cause inflammation... Trials for further research have been started. https://www.gladskin.com/content/ima...ndoeningen.pdf

Has anyone else tried it? Lanolin is not for me either but something that adresses staph would be nice. If it targets the enzymes, does that mean you won't get rid of the problem and have to use the cream forever to get results?