Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Proskin Rosacea

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    72
    Country: Great Britain

    Default Proskin Rosacea

    Hi, just wanted to share a small success I'm having with this cream.

    Bit of background (I've written this before on the forum but to save you searching):
    I've had SD for about 20 years. Recently I have controlled this with the Honey Treatment. My SD affects the sides of my nose and inner cheeks, plus the centre of my lower forehead. All under control though now.

    I also have Rosacea on my outer cheeks (that's all of my cheeks covered with one skin condition or another!)

    My Rosacea is pretty much just permanent redness with the ocassional pimple. I also have what I think is Rosacea on my upper forehead, near my hairline. This is definitely NOT SD. Having suffered from SD for 20 years I know it's not that. In this area I have some redness and patchy raised bumps/pustules.

    I bought the proskin cream when I was first diagnosed with Rosacea (I bought every cream known to man all in one go!). I only got round to trying out Proskin a few weeks ago. Exactly as the tub describes, my redness got worse, but after a week, it got better. Now, it's pretty much controlled, with barely any redness and much fewer if any pustules.

    I'm not brave enough to try it on my cheeks yet. I'll probably try this over Christmas when I'm off work and can go through the "worse" stage before it gets (hopefully) better.

    Given my experience so far it may be worth a shot for others.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Never heard of it, but please report back when you try the cheeks.

    From a quick search, it seems there are a lot of "one and done" posts on other forums, blogs, etc. about this. Most of the reviews are of the "too good to be true" type, but toned down so as to be realistic.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    78
    Country: United States

    Default

    I'm so glad I found someone on here that's also using Proskin! I asked in the general question forum about it, but got no replys, then I found this forum.

    I just started to use it last Friday night, the 15th of November. I also bought the rosacea hair treatment, since my scalp is burning, red, have tons of pimples and hair loss. I only use the hair oil and the face cream at night, since the hair treatment is an oil and makes my hair greasy. And I figured that's when the mites are more active anyways. Plus, it's so expensive! I paid over 100 dollars...for oils mixed together. But, if it works, it will be worth every penny.

    I'm now on the sixth night tonight. My face has not gotten redder, on the contrary, it looks better, but I don't want to jinx anything. Those huge zits I had on my chin, painful ones, and all the little red ones on my upperlip, have already starting to disappear, which is pretty remarkable since they usually lasts for month. My skin has gotten smoother, so it's easier to apply my camouflaging makeup. I really do have high hopes for this one, I pray it will work, since I'm so fed up with this. The worst is the hair loss, I feel completely broken down mentally from it.

    But, I still have experienced this worsening fase yet, which I hope I can bypass and go straight to beautiful, healed skin.

    Please, keep on update about your progress, I'll do the same!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Röd View Post
    I'm so glad I found someone on here that's also using Proskin! I asked in the general question forum about it, but got no replys, then I found this forum.

    I just started to use it last Friday night, the 15th of November. I also bought the rosacea hair treatment, since my scalp is burning, red, have tons of pimples and hair loss. I only use the hair oil and the face cream at night, since the hair treatment is an oil and makes my hair greasy. And I figured that's when the mites are more active anyways. Plus, it's so expensive! I paid over 100 dollars...for oils mixed together. But, if it works, it will be worth every penny.

    I'm now on the sixth night tonight. My face has not gotten redder, on the contrary, it looks better, but I don't want to jinx anything. Those huge zits I had on my chin, painful ones, and all the little red ones on my upperlip, have already starting to disappear, which is pretty remarkable since they usually lasts for month. My skin has gotten smoother, so it's easier to apply my camouflaging makeup. I really do have high hopes for this one, I pray it will work, since I'm so fed up with this. The worst is the hair loss, I feel completely broken down mentally from it.

    But, I still have experienced this worsening fase yet, which I hope I can bypass and go straight to beautiful, healed skin.

    Please, keep on update about your progress, I'll do the same!
    Oh man.. sorry about the hair loss too. If treating for the mites doesn't help with that you can and should also eliminate all fluoride from your diet and supplement with iodine and kelp.

    Click link ~~>How To Kick Your Thyroid’s Ass: Nine Sources of Fluoride Exposure You Might Not Recognize <~~ Click link

    Click link ~~>Hidden Sources of Fluoride - Pesticides<~~ Click link

    Click link ~~>How to Detox Fluorides from Your Body<~~ Click link

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    78
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Oh man.. sorry about the hair loss too. If treating for the mites doesn't help with that you can and should also eliminate all fluoride from your diet and supplement with iodine and kelp.

    Click link ~~>How To Kick Your Thyroid’s Ass: Nine Sources of Fluoride Exposure You Might Not Recognize <~~ Click link

    Click link ~~>Hidden Sources of Fluoride - Pesticides<~~ Click link

    Click link ~~>How to Detox Fluorides from Your Body<~~ Click link

    I think I'm not using any flouride, my toothpaste is free of it, so is my mouthwash. The only source I could think of is my drinking water. I tried eating kelp a few months back, but weird enough, that seemed to make matters worse. Iodine I'm getting from my ordinary table salt, even though I do use more and more of natural and unprocessed sea salt. I will check out your links, thank you!

    I'm also doing epsom salt baths where I'm soaking my whole body, hoping it kills off mites everywhere, I also throw in a dash of sea salt. I wash all my laundry with borax together with my regular detergent ( just started that a month ago after reading about it's mite killing powers) I'm changing my pillowcase every night and all bed linens once a week. Changing my towels several times a week.
    And putting on extra virgin coconut oil on my whole body every morning after showering. Just bought a skin oil with high vit E content I'm rubbing on my body after my salt evening bath.
    I've read some people even put the borax detergent in their baths to soak in, and/or put it on their face, and some even drink it, but that's a risk I'm not willing to take. Especially since I've not read that it did anything to really knock out their mite infestations.

    It feels like I've put all my eggs in one basket with this Proskin stuff, it just HAS to work, or I will just pour gasoline over my whole head and light a match, lol, that's how fed up I am about this lifelong horrible condition.

    I've also suffered since childhood with severe keratosis pilaris on my legs, but that has passed since a decade or so. I also had eczema as a kid. And folliculitis on my back and in scalp. I think it's all connected and are mite related. I do feel itching and crawling, like little tickles all over my whole body, mostly night time. Yesterday night on the couch, after my bath and after applying the Proskin on face, neck, chest and shoulders, my body started to get an intense itchy and crawling sensation.

    I hope we all get cured from this! But even if we do, it seems hopeless since it most likely just will return. I think we have a faulty gene making us more prone to allergy reactions to these common mites, more so than people who seems to live in absolute symbiosis with them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Röd View Post
    I think I'm not using any flouride, my toothpaste is free of it, so is my mouthwash. The only source I could think of is my drinking water. I tried eating kelp a few months back, but weird enough, that seemed to make matters worse. Iodine I'm getting from my ordinary table salt, even though I do use more and more of natural and unprocessed sea salt. I will check out your links, thank you!

    I'm also doing epsom salt baths where I'm soaking my whole body, hoping it kills off mites everywhere, I also throw in a dash of sea salt. I wash all my laundry with borax together with my regular detergent ( just started that a month ago after reading about it's mite killing powers) I'm changing my pillowcase every night and all bed linens once a week. Changing my towels several times a week.
    And putting on extra virgin coconut oil on my whole body every morning after showering. Just bought a skin oil with high vit E content I'm rubbing on my body after my salt evening bath.
    I've read some people even put the borax detergent in their baths to soak in, and/or put it on their face, and some even drink it, but that's a risk I'm not willing to take. Especially since I've not read that it did anything to really knock out their mite infestations.

    It feels like I've put all my eggs in one basket with this Proskin stuff, it just HAS to work, or I will just pour gasoline over my whole head and light a match, lol, that's how fed up I am about this lifelong horrible condition.

    I've also suffered since childhood with severe keratosis pilaris on my legs, but that has passed since a decade or so. I also had eczema as a kid. And folliculitis on my back and in scalp. I think it's all connected and are mite related. I do feel itching and crawling, like little tickles all over my whole body, mostly night time. Yesterday night on the couch, after my bath and after applying the Proskin on face, neck, chest and shoulders, my body started to get an intense itchy and crawling sensation.

    I hope we all get cured from this! But even if we do, it seems hopeless since it most likely just will return. I think we have a faulty gene making us more prone to allergy reactions to these common mites, more so than people who seems to live in absolute symbiosis with them.

    Oh Gawd no.. not gasoline! I know that's just an expression of how frustrated you are. You are doing lots of good stuff to kill mites. Another thing in the arsenal is Tea Tree Oil (TTO) diluted in cocoanut oil (CCO) of course raw, virgin. Start with a weak solution and increase the strength slowly so you don't injure your skin. Yeah, that crawling sensation is down right creepy. I was totally squwicked when that happened. It passes as the population drops.

    How's your gut health? I am fairly convinced the reason we react to demodex mites like some do to dust mites and that they can over grow, is our immune system is compromised in some way. That usual starts at the gut. There's a whole other field of study that can make a big difference in helping the topical treatments be effective.

    There is not enough iodine in table salt, plus it contains other garbage that is not good for your body. I'm not going to harp on the thyroid issue if you don't think it is why the hair is falling out. But, if that does not resolve with the mites being managed, it's worth looking into deeper. There are different kinds of kelps and iodine supplements. What did the kelp make worse? And do you know if your city adds fluoride to the water? My city says it does not, but the fluoride content of the city water is above danger levels. Nice, ha? I have a water distiller but you still absorb it through the skin in the shower.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    78
    Country: United States

    Default

    Lol, no, I most likely won't resort to the gasoline and match route. Ever.

    I was actually convinced I was hypothyroid so last April I had a thyroid panel done but it was within it's range. My TSH was ideal at 1,1, my FT3 was 44% within the range and my FT4 was 5 or so precentage. A little low, but no doctor would ever treat with those numbers, even with clinical symptoms.

    After trying kelp, my symptoms seemed to be getting worse; hair loss, pustules, hot flashes, fatigue etc, etc. I had massive hot flashes and night sweats together with insomnia for more than six months, but then they suddenly stopped as mysterious as they came on. I'm not sure what's up, if it's my thyroid, my adrenals, or both. Or something else. But, my rosacea and scalp problems came on a very long time ago.

    I'm sure we have tons of flouride in the drinking water, but I don't think that's it in my case. I grew up in Europe and didn't come to live here in the states until 15 years ago. My scalp problems existed ever since my teen years, but yea, my rosacea started 12 years ago, living here, after having my last child. Hm, who knows? It's hard to avoid tap water. No one in my family, back in Europe, has rosacea. And my mom has a full, thick head of hair, so has my sister. My dad is kind of bald though, but I don't think my hair loss is genetic, it's most likely due to "poor soil", my scalp that is. I'm not surprised hair can't live in a sick scalp like mine.

    Thank you for taking time to "talk" with me!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    "poor soil" Ok now that cracked me up. Not the situation, just the turn pf phrase. Well, darn it I'm sorry you have had this hair loss issue for so long. I truly hope treating for mites is just the thing to help.

    So let me ask.. was surgery involved in this child birth experience? Yes.. nosey, I know, but I have good reasons for my questions. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you are not game for answering them.

    You are most welcome. I'm glad you are ok with my jumping in here.

    So yeah .. thyroid. It's like this, they measure the levels of what they call the "thyroid panel" of x number of people to come up with what they call "normal range" Now if I told you that the average shoe size for adult males, age 35, at 5'11" tall weighing 169 Lbs was between size 9 to 10, but you being an adult male, age 35, at 5'11" tall weighing 169 Lbs actually wears a size 12 shoe, you would be mighty uncomfortable is a smaller shoe. It's like that. I know "they" don't treat for anything less then catastrophic thyroid issues, leaving a lot of people very uncomfortable. If I don't take iodine and kelp, I can not maintain my body temperature .. I am deep cold all the time, I can't sleep, get very depressed, extremely tired etc.. etc...

    But don't do anything about that yet. I just wanted to see if there was a surgery involved around this time. I'll shut up now.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    78
    Country: United States

    Default

    Hi Starlite, no, I don't mind your questions at all, in fact, I appriciate you taking your time talking with me!

    No, I never had any surgeries involved giving birth, but, 2 years ago I did have a hysterectomy, but got to keep one ovary so my hormones wouldn't be messed up. I sometimes think this might have messed up my hormones anyways.

    And yes, I so agree about the thyroid issues and that so many people acctually are very much hypo but being told they're fine. I so wish I could even get to try some Armour, the natural thyroidmed, since I've heard the synthetic ones can contribute to even more hair loss. And I've heard so much good things about Armour. I'm thinking about looking up a holistic MD, probably next year when I have more money ( Christmas is coming up, yikes!) Hopefully a holistic approach can come up with some solutions.

    I've even tried with going on a gluten free diet. I just went 6 weeks with non at all, but no difference at all so I gave up. It's kind of a hassle to eat gluten free with 2 gluten loving kids, lol, and it's expensive too. And the gluten free bread taste aweful, I think the plastic wrapping it comes in taste better, haha. Otherwise I eat healthy and drink a lot of h2o, I buy a lot of mineral water. What I'm missing is me working out, I used to be an avid runner for 10 years, but this year I haven't been able to due to being so exhausted and fatigued. I feel like I'm turning into a puddle of mush...*sob*

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    78
    Country: United States

    Default

    Just want to update; I have now gotten two huge, red bumps ( pimples/pustules) on my chin, and have also about 5 new zits in my scalp. Although I am freaking out about it, worrying how I am gonna be able to cover them up so I dare to go outside my home, I'm hopeful this means the Proskin is working. I have now used it for 1 week. My scalp is also still red and flakey, if I look at my scalp with a magnifying glass ( yea...I know...I'm obsessed) I see how the follicles are surrounded by white, thick scaly flakes.

    Today I bought a tee tree schampoo in my local grocery store, a brand I've never heard of before; Natures Gate, but it was the only natural schampoo without sulphates that contained tee tree oil. I'm scared of using H&S because it's stuffed with so many chemicals. Has anyone used this Natures Gate?

    I just took an Epsom salt bath, washed my hair with my new schampoo, also washed my face and body with it. I also bought a tiny bottle of pure tee tree oil that I'm going to drip on my pillow tonight and on a towel that I'm going to sleep on. I'm hoping this will kill off some possible straying mites, if nothing else the ordinary bed mites we all have will die, lol.

    How are you doing at this point with the Proskin? I hope you're having fantastic results.

Similar Threads

  1. ProSkin Rosacea Natural Skin Cream by Mama Nature of London (100 ml) - Rosacea
    By Judworth in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th March 2014, 01:44 PM
  2. Mama Nature Proskin rosacea series
    By Röd in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st November 2013, 06:22 PM
  3. A Question for any of you kind folks who have used Mama Natures Proskin Rosacea.
    By msales in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th May 2013, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •