Thread: Tea Tree Oil Affected My Eyes?

Default Tea Tree Oil Affected My Eyes?

Please can someone help me? I used Essenti Tea Tree Oil Shampoo to clean my eyelids to get rid of the mites and some of it went in my eyes. Now I don't feel tired at all. I mean I haven't been to sleep for over 24 hours and I don't feel tired at all and when I try to get too sleep I can't because I feel wide awake. I can get too sleep eventually but I don't feel tired even though I haven't been to sleep for ages. Could someone please tell me what to do?

First of all, relax.

It is very unlikely that a tiny amount of shampoo, whether or not it contains tea tree oil, will give the symptoms you describe.

Do your eyes feel irritated or sore? Is there redness there that wasn't there before?

Whatever your symptoms you should see a healthcare professional - it isn't possible to give a realistic diagnosis over the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    First of all, relax.

It is very unlikely that a tiny amount of shampoo, whether or not it contains tea tree oil, will give the symptoms you describe.

Dr your symptoms you should see a healthcare professional - it isn't possible to give a realistic diagnosis over the Internet.
    My eyes feel ok and the shampoo did give the symyptons I described because I haven't been able to sleep. Thanks for your advice, I will make an appointment to see my doctor. I hope the problem isn't permanent.
    Last edited by pcbh; 24th June 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcbh View Post
    Please can someone help me? I used Essenti Tea Tree Oil Shampoo to clean my eyelids to get rid of the mites and some of it went in my eyes. Now I don't feel tired at all. I mean I haven't been to sleep for over 24 hours and I don't feel tired at all and when I try to get too sleep I can't because I feel wide awake. I can get too sleep eventually but I don't feel tired even though I haven't been to sleep for ages. Could someone please tell me what to do?
    Are you saying it's making your eyes irritated so that's why you can't sleep or it has some effect on your nervous system/metabolism?? I've used tons of TT oil in face and body and never experienced anything but stinging and dry skin.

Maybe you should google info for TT oil side effects on nervous system or metabolism. Everybody is very different when it comes to side effects from natural or pharmaceutical treatments.

'm sure there is other products to help your eyes but if I have eye irritation I use saline eye wash. I clean my mascara and eyeliner off every day with a mix of coconut oil, vit. E oil and castor oil. I been using this for over a year and it never hurts or irritates my eyes. Just an idea but I'm not sure if it would help or hurt with the TT oil shampoo if it is still in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    Are you saying it's making your eyes irritated so that's why you can't sleep or it has some effect on your nervous system/metabolism?? I've used tons of TT oil in face and body and never experienced anything but stinging and dry skin.

Maybe you should google info for TT oil side effects on nervous system or metabolism. Everybody is very different when it comes to side effects from natural or pharmaceutical treatments.

'm sure there is other products to help your eyes but if I have eye irritation I use saline eye wash. I clean my mascara and eyeliner off every day with a mix of coconut oil, vit. E oil and castor oil. I been using this for over a year and it never hurts or irritates my eyes. Just an idea but I'm not sure if it would help or hurt with the TT oil shampoo if it is still in your eyes.
    My eyes feel a little irritated and when I try to go to sleep, I can't because I feel wide awake so I think it has effected my nervous system. I bought Optrex Eye Drop today and tried them and I still feel the same, but maybe it takes a while to work.

Does anyone think the mites may have entered my eyes when I washed my eyelashes and that is the reason for my symptoms and not the shampoo?

hi everyone. I should have posted before but didn't have the opportunity. I went to my doctor a few days after I couldn't sleep and he said I had mild conjuctivitus because I got the shampoo in my eyes. he gave me chloramphenicol eye drops and my symptoms went away thank god lol and I've been using the product Proskin Rosacea by mama nature and I no longer the red bumps anymore. Maybe its because the mites are gone or are slowly going.