Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliradex: Lid, Lash & Facial Cleanser

Default Cliradex: Lid, Lash & Facial Cleanser

Hi all, I am new to the forum, and I wanted to ask you all if you have heard of a new product called Cliradex and what you thought of it? My eye doctor recommended it to me as part of my hygiene regimen for ocular rosacea. Thanks!

Cliradex is a commercial presentation of tea tree oil.

A check of the archives on this forum reveals hundreds of references in the treatment of rosaceous conditions.

It will do nothing to tackle redness. I think it's a waist of money and time.

Default Ltd IV

I have been pretty successful with the Ltd IV disc from Bass and Boney pharmaceuticals, combined with Tea Tree oil. Not perfect but what a relief to put it into remission with small controllable bouts. This Demodex mite is tough to kill and you must remain vigilant. TTO is effective at killing these mites. At first when you get a big kill things will appear worse because the mites are dying and they carry the bacteria that causes the bad pimple out breaks. So it is a good sign when you get worse keep up the treatments it may take a couple of months to break the life cycle of this mite. In my case the red areas (mite colonies) have steadily decreased and with any luck maybe by June I will have them beat. I am researching another possible approach used for treating demodex in canines. One was carcinogenic to humans, the other uses a rotonone insecticide which comes from a plant root in South America. It is non-persistent, and breaks down rapidly. Will check back in with what I find.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of 'strength'/concentration TTO this product is?

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what kind of 'strength'/concentration TTO this product is?
    I remember seeing that somewhere, I think it might be in this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2946818/

Thanks for that link, Sally.

I looked on the various patents for this product but they ill defined as to actual concentrations suitable for use.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Thanks for that link, Sally.

I looked on the various patents for this product but they ill defined as to actual concentrations suitable for use.
    Hi John

Some people on this forum - http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum.php - have been using Cliradex. Might be worth doing an advanced search to see how they got on.

I wish I had time for a re-read but I have to visit my daughter - she had laser eye surgery last week and is now hospitalised with a severe eye infection. As she also has symptoms of Rosacea and blepharitis I can't help wondering if Demodex are somehow implicated. I read that they carry bacteria on their surface e.g. Streptococci and Staphylococci. No one can explain how it happened. Apparently "it's just one of those things!"

How horrible for your daughter. To have something as apparently safe and straightforward as that and end up with a severe infection.

I'm sure you are right about demodex being bacteria carriers - makes sense. Nasty little buggers.

Thanks for your reply Sally & sorry to hear of your troubles.