Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best make-up for rosacea

Default Best make-up for rosacea

Hi guys !

I was wonderig what is the best make - up for rosacea?

And for make-up I meant the whole package: from concealer, liquid foundation, loose powder, and bronzer??

I was just diagnosed with Rosacea 2 months ago and need some answers and tips to learn to deal with it... !!!

Thanks !!!

Out of the 44 viewers nobody has any recommendations???

clinique is a great makeup line to use , they have a line for redness that is great or mineral makeups are also great. I dont have a lot of experience with makeup but i currently use Jane Ireland mineral makeup. Its really trial and error and what works best for you , there are some posts on here about foundations that are good . Maybe some others will jump in with more help
    Thanks

Default Dr jarts bb cream and Dermablend

I like dr jarts bb cream. I love how creamy it feels. I've tried Dermablend foundation and while I like the pigmentation levels, the formula makes my skin look rough and flaky. So I use the Dermablend concealer as a spot treatment, and the bb cream as my foundation.

Thank you two for the responses...
    I need to try that Clinique, I saw they have a yellow powdER.

I hope I can get more ideas here...

Hi!

Estee Lauder double wear maximum cover is the best foundation I have found out there so far! Takes a bit of getting used to when applying but gives amazing coverage. Google it for reviews and also look at some YouTube videos!

Hope this helps!

Dermablend gives good coverage, but can look a bit cakey if not used really sparingly. A little goes a long way, good for pinpoint concealing though. Lisa Eldridge does a great makeup video with it. I used to use Lily Lolo, but my skin is too dry for it now and mineral make-up looks flaky on it. They also do a yellow and green powder. The green is actually more greyish, and I liked them both but need something more moisturising. I liked the look of no7's BB cream, nice and light texture, but I wasn't sure if all the silicone was breaking me out. I just tried Lancome's effacerne concealer, and was over the moon with it, nice and creamy and good for the face as well as under the eyes, until i saw it in a different light and it seemed thick and the wrong colour not sure if it was just weird lighting tho.

I have used Color Me Beautiful for a number of years. It has Aloe Vera in it and covers very well.

I use clinque's redness foundation. They will match the color for you. I use MAC powder. It is the only one out there that covers the redness.

Default My Username should be Makeup Guru!

I'm a makeup addict. I've always loved playing with it and wearing it since I was a child.

Here's my routine:

I start with Loreal True Match Lumi Primer mixed with NYX (can get this at Ulta) pore perfecting primer.
    I then take a concealer brush and use MAC's studio sculpt concealer and cover all my areas of redness (cheeks, chin, little bit above eyebrows). I'm NW20.
    After concealer, I take 2-3 pumps of Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation and buff it in my skin with Tarte's airbrushed foundation brush.
    From here I take Urban Decays or Skindinavia makeup setting spray and spray my face 2-3 times, I like the urban decay's oil control spray as I have combination skin.
    I may dust my T zone with a bit of MAC's mineralized natural skin finish in the color Medium.
    I then will use one of my blushes, I am in love with the Tarte amazonian clay blushes, exposed is a great color for rosacea suffers because it is not red, pink, or peach.. in fact it is more neutral brown and just helps to highlight the skin. I also love well-dressed blush by MAC.
    For bronzer I love Park Avenue Princess, by Tarte.
    Under-eye concealer I used Maybelline - Age Rewind Eraser for a long time (about a year) it works great, but lately I've been using Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche highlighting concealer. I will sometimes highlight with this and put it on my laugh lines, and down my nose.

One thing I would say to avoid is Urban Decay's primer potion, this had ripped my eye-lids up to shreds. They hurt so bad when I used this, also MAC's paint pots did the same thing to me. My skin was sore, red, dried out.. etc.

The other foundation I would recommend is Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind eraser or just the bottled one, the eraser is cool because it is antimicrobial. I used that for about a year, and it worked great.
    Last edited by FunAtTheCircus; 10th February 2013 at 07:08 AM.