Thread: Does Seb Derm trap oil underneath crust?

Default Does Seb Derm trap oil underneath crust?

I'm pretty sure I developed this in high school. I used to have very oily skin and would get a lot of acne. it was bad, but at least my skin didn't burn or scale up. My hair was very thick and also on the oily side. I never really minded the oily quality though.

When I was 18 I noticed that I had begun having regular face irritation, followed by what I thought was just dry skin. It progressed, as well as my hair began looking wilted and unhealthy simultaneously. My skin took on a scaly quality where it felt hard and like there was a pretty thick crust on my face.

I learned to manage it somewhat, I would use a little head and shoulders and not try to irritate my face...I was very afraid of irritation and thought I must have just mistreated my skin for it to take on such problems.

Only recently have I thrown caution to the wind, years later, and begun liberally using head and shoulders on my face and scalp. I used a lot of it the past week. The weird thing is...while there was a bit of irritation and redness...my skin didn't dry out. Its more oily than its been in a long time. My hair seems rejuvenated too, like it has more strength.

What I'm asking is...have I peeled off a layer of seb derm and released my natural skin oils which have been trapped underneath?

Default kind of had same experience with head and shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by scalefaceguy View Post
    I'm pretty sure I developed this in high school. I used to have very oily skin and would get a lot of acne. it was bad, but at least my skin didn't burn or scale up. My hair was very thick and also on the oily side. I never really minded the oily quality though.

When I was 18 I noticed that I had begun having regular face irritation, followed by what I thought was just dry skin. It progressed, as well as my hair began looking wilted and unhealthy simultaneously. My skin took on a scaly quality where it felt hard and like there was a pretty thick crust on my face.

I learned to manage it somewhat, I would use a little head and shoulders and not try to irritate my face...I was very afraid of irritation and thought I must have just mistreated my skin for it to take on such problems.

Only recently have I thrown caution to the wind, years later, and begun liberally using head and shoulders on my face and scalp. I used a lot of it the past week. The weird thing is...while there was a bit of irritation and redness...my skin didn't dry out. Its more oily than its been in a long time. My hair seems rejuvenated too, like it has more strength.

What I'm asking is...have I peeled off a layer of seb derm and released my natural skin oils which have been trapped underneath?
    I think the head and shoulders helped for scalp and face derm also. like it removed dead skin off face. think its the zinc pyrithoine in it. for that reason i bought born to be mild by dermadoctor which has hte zinc p in it and doesnt cause the irration to face as head and shoulders did.