28th August 2012 03:45 PM
advice/feedback from experience rosaceans
I would appreciate some advice or feedback on your condition. I am 7 weeks in with Rosacea and it has been an emotional rollercoaster. I have come to grips with it to some extent, but still fear it. This website has been such a great help for me and and so many posters have been very giving with their time.
Since i am in my 8th week, I want to know where some of you are at on a daily basis with your rosacea. My questions are:
1. Is every day a challenge for you to get through the day without burning/flushing? (since i am in the early stages, i tend to have that lingering burning sensation which is confined to one specific area on my right cheek and until last week, after exercising, on my nose).
2. Do you constantly feel burning, even if it is slight on a daily basis?
3. How often do you flush on average (times per day, per week etc)
4. Are you open to people about your condition?
5. Is your condition periodic (meaning comes and goes)
6. Have you had IPL and would you recommend it?
7. What's your secret/best method to sooth/calm down a flush?
Anyway, i hope there are not too many questions, but as a newbie, i am interested to find out other people's experience.
30th August 2012 03:12 PM
id like to see some of these quetions answered also
31st August 2012 09:03 PM
1. Is every day a challenge for you to get through the day without burning/flushing? No but some days are worse than others. I've reduced my triggers.
2. Do you constantly feel burning, even if it is slight on a daily basis? No, occasionally.
3. How often do you flush on average (times per day, per week etc) Often, every day, too much.
4. Are you open to people about your condition? If I feel compelled to say something I do otherwise I don't.
5. Is your condition periodic (meaning comes and goes) Yes but seems to be more here than not.
6. Have you had IPL and would you recommend it? Yes about six times and yes, it's great to reduce redness.
7. What's your secret/best method to sooth/calm down a flush? I'm helpless with the flushing but have greatly changed my diet so my every day life makes the rosacea tolerable with little burning, itching, etc. I maintain the redness with laser. I am not on oracea any more (quit working after 5 years).
If I could get the flushing under control that would be great. I have tried a lot of stuff, elidel, finacea, metrogel, oracea, accutane about five rounds over the last 20 years and I don't like this drug, three different lasers, dietary changes, facial product changes to paraben free, meditation, stress control, reiki.
1st September 2012 01:07 PM