Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More flushed when sitting down?

Default More flushed when sitting down?

Does anyone else notice this irritating effect? If I'm up and about the house all day, I can keep a pretty normal color throughout the day. The minute I sit down, something starts flushing... nose, cheek, chin... then once I feel that it's game over and I'm a tomato. What is that? Is there a physical reason for it or is it because I'm sitting down and can focus more on my face? So sick of this disease I could scream and not sure I can take much more.

Yep!! Funny that you noticed this as well. When I stand up, I seem to be able to stay flush free way easier and longer compared to when I sit down. Maybe it has to do with the blood stream? No clue how :S
    Sorry you are not doing well... I find with summer going on here now my skin is so much calmer and less flushed and red than in winter.. Sorry to hear you are not doing great. Do you take any medication for your rosacea?
    Uses: 22,5 mg mirtazapine, clonidine and propranolol, Xyzal at times.
    Diet: trying low sugar, no gluten and dairy, high protein diet.
    Link to my rosacea blog http://scarletnat.blogspot.com

Thanks nataljaoo. It is weird about the sitting down isn't it? There must be some physical explanation for it, but I sure can't figure it out. I was doing a little better for a while a few weeks ago, and then things started to get bad again and I have no idea why. Maybe because it's been warmer here and again, I was trying sunscreen and that tossed it all to hell. Anything above 80F (26C) and I can forget it. I've desperately wanted to work in my garden and tried to the other day, but I just flush and burn. It makes me so sad because this was one of my great pleasures in life. I think getting bummed out makes it worse too.

I'm trying to really baby my skin... no cleanser, very little moisturizer and no other topicals. Hopefully it will calm down again. I wish I could overcome this and just get on with things. Part of me wishes I just didn't care if I turn into an ugly red monster. It's hard to let go of what I once had. Maybe that's what needs to happen?

I've tried taking a few of the anti-flushing meds. Remeron did seem to help some, but I felt awful on it and just couldn't continue. I slept for two weeks straight and I gained 7lbs (I'm pretty tiny) Yikes! I've tried anti-histamines, but they dry my eyes out. And I tried one beta blocker called Metoprolol and I think it made me flush worse The only drug I have not tried is Clonidine. Who knows, maybe that could be the magic bullet? I'm just so skeptical. Even 3 Vbeams did not help and I think caused some areas to flush more. My aggressive surgeon is ready to bruise a patient at the drop of a hat. Did not work on my skin at all. Oh and I'm also on birth control pills... those have not really helped or hurt as far as I can tell. I do sleep better with them.

I'm so glad you're having a good stretch though! That gives me some hope. Thank you for your kindness

Yeah, that is a real bummer, that all those meds have such side effects for you and nothing seems to have really structurally helped you so far.
    I do have to put up with side effects, weight gain for sure (and the antihistamine seems to cement that even more), but I found over the years that for me personally, the freedom to do things I want to do without being stuck to a fan 24/7 and flushed, ways up to the weight gain and the chubbyness. Although it's still not fun. But I find that stopping the flushing cycle at some point, and stretching that as long as possible, reduces my rosacea and seems to wind it back a bit. I do appreciate that my skin is not too bad now with the right precaution methods and aids, but it will be back to bad sooner or later, that is just a given unfrt.. Hope you can find something that does work for you Flushedbean, perhaps the clonidine, or another medication.
    Best wishes
    Uses: 22,5 mg mirtazapine, clonidine and propranolol, Xyzal at times.
    Diet: trying low sugar, no gluten and dairy, high protein diet.
    Link to my rosacea blog http://scarletnat.blogspot.com

bean, sorry if this was asked before and I missed the answer: are you in perimeno?

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

I think the answer is gravity. When you're standing more blood is flowing down to the lower extreities

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    I think the answer is gravity. When you're standing more blood is flowing down to the lower extreities
    Hmmm, well by this logic someone's behind should be red while sitting down.

Natalja there may come a point when I just have to give in and take the remeron again to find out if it helps long term, weight gain or no. From what I remember it took the edge off some, but maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance. Totally agree that if I could get it somewhat under control, I'd be able to heal a little bit. I really really hope you have a massive remission of symptoms for a long time and continue on your good path! Enjoy every minute of it and I will keep you in my daily meditations for continued success

Hi Ghost, I'm pretty sure that yes, this is perimeno. When this all hit me last year suddenly, I thought I was having hot flashes and went to the doc. It's hard for them to say for sure given my blood work, but given that I'm in my early 40s, probably. Happens fast

Yeah that ol' bitch gravity! She's probably somewhat responsible I'm guessing!

Quote Originally Posted by flushedbean View Post
    Natalja there may come a point when I just have to give in and take the remeron again to find out if it helps long term, weight gain or no. From what I remember it took the edge off some, but maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance. Totally agree that if I could get it somewhat under control, I'd be able to heal a little bit. I really really hope you have a massive remission of symptoms for a long time and continue on your good path! Enjoy every minute of it and I will keep you in my daily meditations for continued success

Hi Ghost, I'm pretty sure that yes, this is perimeno. When this all hit me last year suddenly, I thought I was having hot flashes and went to the doc. It's hard for them to say for sure given my blood work, but given that I'm in my early 40s, probably. Happens fast
    bean, when you said birth control pills helped you sleep I figured it had to be hormonal. Have you given up grains & sugar? It stopped my life-long flushing cold. It really is body chemistry.

It's very hard to get help with perimeno, even from a gyn. Unbelievable. You have to shop around, read reviews on line (if your community is big enough), and/or go to dedicated sites to get info.

Oh, and watch out for msg!! It set me on fire (Chinese meals where the restaurant swore they didn't use it. Can't fool mother nature!)

G