Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niacinamide Cream

Default Niacinamide Cream

Hey Everyone,

I post from time to time on here mostly cus I try to stay away from getting addicted to the site . But about a month ago I ordered this Niacinamide Cream from this website - http://ironpower.biz/products_acnessential.htm -- I know I know it seems very sketchy but hey I thought might as well give it a try like I've done to everything else along the way. The ingredients are the following:

Niacinamide (4%), Purified water, Glycerol (Vegetable glycerine), Cetostearyl alcohol, Caprylic triglycerides (derived from Coconut Oil), Coconut oil, Cetomacrogol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxy benzoates, Grapefruit seed extract (natural preservative).

The guy who runs the site is really good at answering any email questions pretty quickly and the shipping from Australia to Canada was pretty quick. I think I paid $50 something for two jars including shipping to Canada. It was a 2 for 1 sale when I finally decided to buy it. It comes with a money back guarantee which was also why I decided to give it a try. Here's what I've found:

My skin has been sort of 'addicted' to La Roche Posay Toleriane for probably 5-6 years where anytime I'd ever try to switch moisturizer 'd either breakout, skin would be really red or really dry and always have to go back. I've finally broke the cycle after 1 month. The most surprising thing is that it didn't break me out and is helping some of what I think are just acne breakouts. Nothing for blackheads good or bad but still. Also honestly it's the only moisturizer that I've tried in years that I now put on during the day since it doesn't turn my skin red and actually calms it and makes it more pale. I'm going to continue to use it now and will report any changes if anything takes a turn for the worst. What I currently use is Spectro gel to cleanse adn then this day and night followed by a 0.5% salicylic acid cream on my nose for black heads every three days. I'm getting v-beam soon too that I've had planned for awhile so I'm interested to see if it speeds the healing time at all??

Hi
    I did read some research that niacinamide is good for rosacea. I haven't found a good cream yet, so please keep posting your results. That site does look sketchy

Hey it's definitely a weird site but hey if it works then I'll just learn to make it myself at some point so it's not shipped from the other side of the world to me . I didn't have much selection unfortunately with products that actually say they have 4% niacinamide in them. I think it was between that one and this one:

http://www.professionalbrands.net/ww...-2oz-html.html

but that one had witch hazel in it which I was hesitant about - isn't that bad for rosacea skin??

But ya I have these two jars and then if they work well I'll try to make some myself with capsules and aloe vera gel type thing like people seem to be doing on other sites

Seeing as youre in Ontario, if you want to try niacinamide go to see Dr. Skotnicki-Grant - she prescribes a cream that is compounded in Toronto made from metronidazole and niacinamide, in a versa base cream.
    Nothing irritating in that!

Is it normal to have kind of a initial flush when using B3 on the skin? I use a product that has B3 in it, but every time I try it makes me a little flushed. Wondering if there is a break in time....

I will definitely look into that niacinamide cream from Toronto that you recommended... thanks for the tip!

Hmm in terms of the flushing maybe it is something else in those ingredients. I haven't done too much research about it but I thought it was supposed to be calming and anti-inflammatory and I had noticed this reaction from day one of using this cream whether or not it's the niacinamide or oddly enough maybe even the coconut oil (I did also have some seb derm and coconut oil and honey are talked about a lot in the seb derm threads on this site). Does the the flush go away after some time throughout the day - or not until you wash the cream off?

I know in vitamin form niacin (another form of vitamin b3) can induce a flush but that niacinamide even in vitamin form is claimed that it doesn't have that same flushing effect

Default An interesting something to add

Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    Hi
    I did read some research that niacinamide is good for rosacea. I haven't found a good cream yet, so please keep posting your results. That site does look sketchy
    I've recently read that signs of SIBO is a niacinamide (or nicatinamide) deficiency, just thought i'd add that for those who care

Quote Originally Posted by brasileirao View Post
    Is it normal to have kind of a initial flush when using B3 on the skin? I use a product that has B3 in it, but every time I try it makes me a little flushed. Wondering if there is a break in time....
    I suspect you're taking "Niacin". It's different in a way and makes you flush.

What's being talked about it niacinamide

Edit: Wow I just realized how old this is. Not the thread I thought I was in haha.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I suspect you're taking "Niacin". It's different in a way and makes you flush.

What's being talked about it niacinamide

Edit: Wow I just realized how old this is. Not the thread I thought I was in haha.
    What's the difference between niacin B3 and niacinamide. As far as I understand they both contain B3.
    And vitamin B3 is known to cause flushing.