Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill demodex instantly. New discovery!

That video of the demodex mite being killed by the mustard mix really had my hopes up. Has anyone tried this for a full run of 60-90 days?

Default Trying the mustard attack today

I am going to try this dry mustard approach starting today. I have a question, though. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts/coments about diluting this paste in Eurax lotion then applying it from head to toe? Or would using a lotion/conditioner be better?

I don't know much about the mites and the effects of them on rosacea. As a matter of fact I just learned about the link between them a couple of days ago while reading here but.....

I was flushing again, it started a week ago. Tried everything, it didn't work.
    Then, in desperation I used tea tree oil on my face (mixed with water because that stuff is strong) and the flushing stopped.
    It also helped with another flushing episode I had months ago.

So if there's mites on my face, they must've been killed, because why else would I stop being red hot 'face on fire' feeling after I used tea tree oil..

I don't know, just throwing that information here.

Default This stuff works!

I tried this mustard paste tonight in a conditioner that I applied to my scalp and plan to allow to sit for 2 hours and to a glycerine lotion I applied over my entire body. The effect was immediate...the itching stopped on contact. There is a slight warming sensation, but it's enjoyable and not too heigtened. I have been using Eurax, permethrin, TTO, TTO soap, seabuckthorn oil shampoo, soaking in an enzymatic cleaner, and metronidazole. These have helped, but nothing has relieved the itching as well as this mustard has.

I plan to do this every day for 30 day period. I will post my progress.

Thank you guys for this post!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaHashimoto View Post
    I don't know much about the mites and the effects of them on rosacea. As a matter of fact I just learned about the link between them a couple of days ago while reading here but.....

I was flushing again, it started a week ago. Tried everything, it didn't work.
    Then, in desperation I used tea tree oil on my face (mixed with water because that stuff is strong) and the flushing stopped.
    It also helped with another flushing episode I had months ago.

So if there's mites on my face, they must've been killed, because why else would I stop being red hot 'face on fire' feeling after I used tea tree oil..

I don't know, just throwing that information here.
    Anna, if you ever use tea tree oil again, dillute it in oil (for instance jojoba oil). It is not soluble in water.

Default Day 2 of mustard paste use

I am on day 2 of using the mustard paste, having mixed it with a conditioner for my scalp and in a glycerin-based lotion for the rest of my body. The itch relief is truly immediate and lasting. I decided to sleep in the conditioner as opposed to rinsing it off after a couple of hours. My scalp was not itchy at all until I woke up, and even then, the itch was very mild compared to before.

I am mixing the mustard tonight with permethrin cream and applying it from head to toe, allowing to sit overnight...having no idea what chemical reaction this will cause. I don't advise it. But, I am desperate and trying to basically toss as many combatants at these mites as I can.

If there are any chem majors out there, anyone who knows that this is a bad mix, please tell me. I have tried to search for any information I can find...not surprisingly, there is nothing on the results of mixing mustard with permethrin.

I mixed the mustard paste with permethrin cream...no noticeable chemical reaction (fizzing, fumes, separation of products). I allowed this concoction to set while I showered. After the shower, I applied it over my entire body. The itchies stopped once again and I'm a happy camper. My dilution rate for the paste is 1 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp water. Then, mix with approximately 3 oz of permethrin cream.

Default Day 3

Tonight is day 3 of using the mustard paste. I mixed 1 tsp of dry mustard with 1 tsp of water, made the paste, then added it to approximately 3 oz of Eurax lotion, and applied it over my entire body. So far, so good...
    Last edited by labrynth; 29th February 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
    Tonight is day 3 of using the mustard paste. I mixed 1 tsp of dry mustard with 1 tsp of water, made the paste, then added it to approximately 3 oz of Eurax lotion, and applied it over my entire body. So far, so good...
    Good going! What effect has this had in terms of your redness. Has it helped diminish it?

Hi yaranzo,

I have had some redness and inflammation over my entire face with the use of permethrin, TTO, and the mustard paste mixes. The redness resolves by morning, though. I am not worried about it (yet).

However, the broken blood vessel areas around my mouth and nose are not as prominent by morning.