Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill demodex instantly. New discovery!

Default Kill demodex instantly. New discovery!

Hey there, just wanted to share a discovery I made courtesy of earthclinic.com. Apparently a woman who was researching how to kill her demodex infestation discovered that dry mustard, when combined with water, kills demodex on contact.

WARNING: dry mustard is an extreme irritant and putting it on the skin standalone causes burns and blisters. It MUST be diluted in a water-based product of choice, whether that's glycerin, body lotion, hair conditioner or etc. I urge anyone who wants to try this to follow the directions posted at earthclinic.com here -> http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/mite_infestation.html
    The new reply was 01/03/2012, so look for the posting under 'replies' with that date.

I've already tried it on my face today by mixing some dry mustard with water, let sit for 10 minutes and then mixing with a copious amount of skin lotion. At night, will continue to do the borax/hp treatment. When my jojoba oil comes in, I'll dot 50% tto on the spots as well. Will let people know how it goes.

I wonder though, since demodex are relentless it seems I have to do it every day, but don't you have to give your skin a break in order for it to heal?
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

What are you using, Christine? good old Coleman's English Mustard Powder?

I imagine you have to do this every day until you feel the itchies stopping. Until then, there is a lot of activity going on upon your skin.

Good news. Another dirt-cheap remedy.

Ha! :-)

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

I've been reading...and I'm curious about the demodex infestation--does it just cause redness/flushing? Does it also cause the bumpy scaley itchy burning skin as well?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinTrace View Post
    I've been reading...and I'm curious about the demodex infestation--does it just cause redness/flushing? Does it also cause the bumpy scaley itchy burning skin as well?

Thank you!
    Sure does! Think about bugs with claws tearing up your skin. The red lines are their trenches, the P&Ps are their mite hills. I draw an analogy between these and the worms on Dune in my About Me file.

The flushing is a related thing -- this is from a high blood sugar diet.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sure does! Think about bugs with claws tearing up your skin. The red lines are their trenches, the P&Ps are their mite hills. I draw an analogy between these and the worms on Dune in my About Me file.

The flushing is a related thing -- this is from a high blood sugar diet.

G
    I tried to pm you--couldn't figure out how..

My rash has basically exploded over the past two days...it now covers a good quarter of my face...the metrogel and tetracycline really haven't had any affect.

I do have tickles from time to time...I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all this...

Christine, how did the mustard work out for you? Are you seeing improvements? I'm going to go pick some up and give it a try. Wish me luck!

Here's a picture of the spot under my nose...
    photo-6.jpg

It does look like a "cold rash". But, know what -- I'm just getting over a nose-blowing cold and yet my nose isn't all worn out like it used to be. I think the demodex chewing up your skin is what makes even cold rashed/chapped noses far, far worse.

Well, you know what to do :-)

G

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinTrace View Post
    I tried to pm you--couldn't figure out how..

My rash has basically exploded over the past two days...it now covers a good quarter of my face...the metrogel and tetracycline really haven't had any affect.

I do have tickles from time to time...I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all this...

Christine, how did the mustard work out for you? Are you seeing improvements? I'm going to go pick some up and give it a try. Wish me luck!

Here's a picture of the spot under my nose...
    photo-6.jpg

I just tried the mustard wash/lotion. Here is a picture of my face now....

photo-7.jpg

What' I learned:

First, I mixed 1 tsp dry powdered mustard with 1 tsp water to form a loose paste. I mixed that with 8 tbs body wash.
    Next I got skeptical put some of the mustard/water mixture on my wrist and thought...this doesn't burn...shoot.

Then I added 3 more tsp water/mustard to my 8 tbs body wash.mixed well and did the same with the lotion I had. And then I went to take a shower. I put the mixture all over my body--no burning. When I put it on my face, holy cow! I had to rinse it off! I had some plain body wash and diluted the mixture back down...

Same thing with the lotion. I did apply that all over my body and my face and I have to say that at the moment my face doesn't burn or itch. That's a definite improvement.

So. I have no idea if it works yet--today was my first application. I do know that the mustard does burn, so if you decide to go this route, be careful! I would definitely start with the 1 tsp to 8 tbs ratio and take it from there.

I don't know how quickly this is supposed to work--has anyone else tried this with success?

Hi trace!

Can't wait to hear what's going on.

Hope the mustard is working. One thing I figured out is that no matter what you find to kill the demodex, you have to keep hitting them, because the dam things keep hatching and surfacing. You have to get them daily and decimate their numbers so fewer and fewer eggs are laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hi trace!

Can't wait to hear what's going on.

Hope the mustard is working. One thing I figured out is that no matter what you find to kill the demodex, you have to keep hitting them, because the dam things keep hatching and surfacing. You have to get them daily and decimate their numbers so fewer and fewer eggs are laid.

That's I hear...is this going to be a life long thing? Whatever it takes...I took my face for granted before...not anymore.

It's been about 8 hours since I washed with the mustard mix; I've applied the lotion twice, maybe three times...my face looks better, not as red and the bumps on my cheek seem to have laid down a bit. The patches by my eye and under my nose are super thick and scaley--but they're not itching and burning--and I just touched the one under my nose--touch usually triggers itching/burning, but not this time.

I'm going to wash again tonight, and tomorrow morning...I'll post a new pic and update tomorrow afternoon for those who care to follow this.

Thank you Christine, wherever you are for starting this thread, and thanks to Ghost and the others on the forum for being so helpful!

Cheers!

Trace, in the beginning you have to knock the bugs dead. As the months go on, you can do the treatments less. Do it as a preventative, as you would with a moisturizing mask, say. The bugs are everywhere, you want to keep them from chewing up your face. There are people out there who do not have redness on their faces, but they have enlarged pores. I believe this is caused by demodex, also, only these people aren't allergic to the bugs or their waste.

Are you doing the low, low carb?