Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insulin Resistance

Default Insulin Resistance

Does anyone think insulin resistance is associated with Rosacea? Also, can insulin resistance cause your skin to be more sensitive? Cause burning, flushing, etc? Anyone been tested?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    Does anyone think insulin resistance is associated with Rosacea? Also, can insulin resistance cause your skin to be more sensitive? Cause burning, flushing, etc? Anyone been tested?
    Yes, to all that. And I did have the fasting blood test, but I came out find.

But I say yes to all that because I only had to be astonished one time at the description of rosacea as "diabetes of the skin". It just made so much sense. I think rosacea is a warning.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yes, to all that. And I did have the fasting blood test, but I came out find.

But I say yes to all that because I only had to be astonished one time at the description of rosacea as "diabetes of the skin". It just made so much sense. I think rosacea is a warning.

i do think it might play some part. maybe that is why so many do well after cutting out sugar? i read people that exercise too much can become insulin resistant too. so its not always people who are overweight. i think i might go get tested....
    Doug

i do think it might play some part. maybe that is why so many do well after cutting out sugar? i read people that exercise too much can become insulin resistant too. so its not always people who are overweight. i think i might go get tested....
    Yeah, I can see that -- if you constantly wear yourself out.

Found This Interesting....

Even if your fasting blood sugar level is in a healthy range,it is possible that you have too much insulin floating through your vessels. Normal blood sugar and high blood insulin can be the result of your cells losing some sensitivity to insulin, which necessitates that your body releases extra insulin into your blood circulation in an attempt to stimulate your desensitized cells into sponging up excess sugar out of your blood circulation.

What's the problem with having too much insulin in your circulation?

Excess insulin is known to cause:

•Lower cellular levels of magnesium, a mineral that is essential for keeping your blood vessels relaxed and your blood circulation efficient

•An increase in sodium retention, which leads to holding excess water in your system, which causes high blood pressure

Increased amounts of inflammatory compounds in your blood, which can cause direct physical damage to your blood vessel walls and encourage the development of blood clots which can lead to heart attacks and respiratory failure

•A reduction in HDL, an increase in undesirable small molecules of LDL, and an increase in triglycerides, all of which increase your risk for heart disease

•Possibly a higher risk for cancer due to insulin's ability to contribute to cell proliferation

I just had my insulin levels tested and am waiting for the results.
    Doug

Exclamation

That falling house of cards sounds logical, Doug!

I hope your blood test results are good. (Even so, if you do have rosacea please do take it as a warning. I am SOOOO glad I found out about this.)

I know I sound like a broken record, but do read Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis. It covers all the stuff in your post. There is also a blog (Wheat Belly blog) where much information is available with tons of links.

I only wish I'd had this book 10 years (or more!!!) ago. Only it wasn't written yet. :-D

Although, many decades ago a very shy brother of a friend told me in passing to stay away from wheat. Unfortunately, I didn't know where to go with that good advice. (I'd been eating lots of pasta, sandwiches, "healthy" muffins, "healthful" whole grains, "heart-healthy" oatmeal (all grains are implicated).) Took me a long time to allow the pieces to click into place.

I have been saying since 1999 that sugar is a rosacea trigger. What rosaceans need to do is cut out sugar and build up glucagon in your blood stream rather than insulin. It controls rosacea. Doesn't cure it but it is an effective way to control it. Takes about 30 days or more to change your insulin dominant metabolism due to eating sugar and high carbohydrate over to a glucagon metabolism. It works for many. Not everyone can do it, but there are plenty of reports it works to control rosacea. For more info.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    That falling house of cards sounds logical, Doug!

I hope your blood test results are good. (Even so, if you do have rosacea please do take it as a warning. I am SOOOO glad I found out about this.)

I know I sound like a broken record, but do read Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis. It covers all the stuff in your post. There is also a blog (Wheat Belly blog) where much information is available with tons of links.

I only wish I'd had this book 10 years (or more!!!) ago. Only it wasn't written yet. :-D

Although, many decades ago a very shy brother of a friend told me in passing to stay away from wheat. Unfortunately, I didn't know where to go with that good advice. (I'd been eating lots of pasta, sandwiches, "healthy" muffins, "healthful" whole grains, "heart-healthy" oatmeal (all grains are implicated).) Took me a long time to allow the pieces to click into place.

I will go buy the Wheat Belly.. Does it give you suggestion on what to eat, etc? I think you mentioned were doing the The Paleo Diet. You still doing that?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I have been saying since 1999 that sugar is a rosacea trigger. What rosaceans need to do is cut out sugar and build up glucagon in your blood stream rather than insulin. It controls rosacea. Doesn't cure it but it is an effective way to control it. Takes about 30 days or more to change your insulin dominant metabolism due to eating sugar and high carbohydrate over to a glucagon metabolism. It works for many. Not everyone can do it, but there are plenty of reports it works to control rosacea. For more info.

what is glucagon? and how do you build it up? I guess i could just google it!
    Doug

what is glucagon? and how do you build it up? I guess i could just google it!
    Hope you Googled it and discovered what it is. It has been called the 'fasting hormone' because the pancreas releases glucagon when insulin levels are low. Glucagon is the hormone used to metabolize and use glycogen which is stored energy in the liver and blood stream. In a high insulin metabolism glucagon usually isn't released. Changing over to a glucagon metabolism does indeed help rosacea. You have to eat a high protein diet and reduce your carbohydrate.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi