Thread: More re grain-free diet

Default More re grain-free diet

I've been totally grain free for around 3 weeks and the good stuff just keeps happening (I cut grain in April, but I wasn't doing grain-free till now).

Here's something new I found my grain-free diet is doing: I'm getting softer! That is, my skin where it seemed to be hopelessly hard, discolored and callused -- skin on my feet and even my ankles -- is all of a sudden getting soft and normal. I think this is because the good oils I've always been eating are now having a chance to do their work.

My elbows are soft, too.

Further: Today I bought a bunch of supps from RenewLife. I got their CandiGone, IntestiNew powder, Pro-biotics and multi-enzymes. I feel with my diet I am making a ton of progress from within with the grain-free. So I want to help that along. You can look up the products and their benefits at the RenewLife site. These particular products relate to healing up leaky-gut.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Ghost - Awesome progress! It's great to hear that you have found something relatively simple (in thought, if not in process) that makes you feel like a whole new person.

Are you taking any other supplements than the new ones you have described?
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    Ghost - Awesome progress! It's great to hear that you have found something relatively simple (in thought, if not in process) that makes you feel like a whole new person.

Are you taking any other supplements than the new ones you have described?
    Hi Christine, I haven't even gotten to those yet, since I just ordered them!

I take fish oil, calcium, B, D... the usual stuff. Otherwise, I cook in coconut oil. And I eat coconut manna. I take some things on and off -- minerals or other stuff like Ubiquinal. Not all the time.

I was just at the natural foods store and I saw the Intestinew powder and thought, 'why not' and picked up a jar of it. I'm going to start taking it after my liver flush as I am almost certain I have leaky gut syndrome with all the intolerances I have. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anyway.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    I was just at the natural foods store and I saw the Intestinew powder and thought, 'why not' and picked up a jar of it. I'm going to start taking it after my liver flush as I am almost certain I have leaky gut syndrome with all the intolerances I have. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anyway.
    I'm anxiously awaiting mine! In the meantime I've been taking olive leaf tincture, which I already had at home and had forgotten about. That's for "yeasts". And I'm taking enzymes with every meal (ditto, had them at home).

Kelley Eidem who has a book about this sort of stuff suggests a combined effort using olive leaf & caprylic (ala the CandiGone) plus probiotics, plus the Intestinew, plus multi-enymes.

I want to give this an all-out effort!

What does the Intestinew taste like?

so no grains is no pasta, bread, cookies, cake... what else? chips?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    so no grains is no pasta, bread, cookies, cake... what else? chips?
    Ummm, bagels, pizza.

But now that I've discovered the root of all evil not having any of this means nothing to me. I am free. If I go out to dinner if anyone notices, he or she could just figure I'm on a diet. I've been eating lots of nuts. They're very filling, tasty, crunchy, so they take care of all those needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ummm, bagels, pizza.

But now that I've discovered the root of all evil not having any of this means nothing to me. I am free. If I go out to dinner if anyone notices, he or she could just figure I'm on a diet. I've been eating lots of nuts. They're very filling, tasty, crunchy, so they take care of all those needs.
    what kind of nuts do you eat? are cashews ok eat? i love cashews.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    what kind of nuts do you eat? are cashews ok eat? i love cashews.
    Unbelievably I just wrote you a novel about nuts and the wbesite when crazy and said I had to log on. It wiped out my reply.

Damn.

OK, short version: I eat cashews (roasted or roasted & salted), almonds, pistachios mainly.

Regarding crackers (as in something to put your cheese on; you didn't ask, but this is good) I buy Mary's Gone Crackers (which are rice-based, so the most neutral) AND just discovered Flaxseed crackers. I see my computer wants to screw up again. so I am launching this message before it too disappears!