Thread: any recommendations for a good toner for rosacea? i use cerave cleanser and moisteriz

Default any recommendations for a good toner for rosacea? i use cerave cleanser and moisteriz

er but when i wear makeup i feel the cerave doesn't fully take it off. i know toners with alcohol is a no no but i have only found the alcohol free ones have witch hazel. is witch hazel a no no too?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jaymee33 View Post
    er but when i wear makeup i feel the cerave doesn't fully take it off. i know toners with alcohol is a no no but i have only found the alcohol free ones have witch hazel. is witch hazel a no no too?
    Hi, I found drug store cleansers never left me feeling clean. However, high end ones tended to be effective. Two that I like are the milky ones by La Mer and Chanel. Yes, they are $$, but they melt the makeup, you don't need a toner, and your skin feels nice and soft from them.

I also use Born to be Mild a few times a week. Another good brand is the one made for Clarisonic. There are 3 kinds to choose from. I like the 2 more hydrating/creamy ones. (Clarisonic has a gel one, and La Mer and Chanel have gels also. These are all good on summer days when your t-zone needs a little more help.)
    "It's all illusion anyway."

I sometimes, at night, wipe first with a cotton pad, moistened first with a bit of water then Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-up Remover (it's a clear liquid). Rinse, then wash with usual cleanser. Sometimes I have even wiped with my Body Shop Chamomile Eye Make-up Remover and that works just as well, if not better.
    Cathy (Subtype II)