Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea Recipes

Well.... all I can say is 'good luck' as far as compiling a successful recipe list, since everyone seems to react to different foods. For some, dairy is fine and others have to stay away. Some can have some carbs while others have to stay away from as much as possible. Same with tomatoes, vinegar, citrus, anything spicy, anything hot, nuts and seeds, red meats, eggs, chocolate, caffeine, aromatics, ETC.

Rosacea is such an individual conflict, I doubt more than a few recipes could make the cut for the majority of rosaceans. Perhaps try raw salad without any dressings?
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Did you do a food log yet? You could do a log and then Google recipes based on what you tolerate well. It helps if you try each type known to cause symptoms for rosaceans a couple of times and note the result. Foods high in histamine, niacin, sugars (there are several types of sugars), wheat, fat (also several types), etc. Maybe you don't need a log but many of us are retarded like that, including me. Personally, I pick one new recipe a week and cook it on the weekend. If all goes well then I save it. It's like making your own cookbook. Good luck!

Melissa, best thing I did was go just clean protein, e.g. eggs, shrimp, fish, yogurt and cottage cheese that listed probiotics. No spice on there, no nothing.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

The recipe looks yummy. Unfortunately I react to oats quite severely, am intolerant to cinnamon, and this recipe has far far too much carbohydrate for all of the rosaceans looking to cut down on carbs or grains.

It's a really nice goal, and maybe will be beneficial to some rosaceans. Unfortunately I don't think I can be a guinea pig in this instance, sorry!
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    The recipe looks yummy. Unfortunately I react to oats quite severely, am intolerant to cinnamon, and this recipe has far far too much carbohydrate for all of the rosaceans looking to cut down on carbs or grains.

It's a really nice goal, and maybe will be beneficial to some rosaceans. Unfortunately I don't think I can be a guinea pig in this instance, sorry!
    Oats don't like me, either! Cinnamon seems to be OK.

I wonder if I can actually maybe cook flaxseed into anything breakfast food like. That's supposed to be neutral.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

I always have flushing after eating meal. I wonder may be it is due to eating a lot of rice? So, I think I will eat less rice from now on because rice is carbohydrate . but i don't know which fruit can we eat without suffering from rosacea?

Default quinona burger

dang melissa, those quinona burgers sound awesome! another cool thing is chicken lettuce wraps if people can eat the chicken. too bad we all aren't located in the same place, we could have rosacea pot luck parties!

Default quinoa

the quinoa burgers do sound really tasty - sort of falafelesque, i reckon - so thanks for posting the recipe.
    but i don't understand in what sense this dish would count as low carb (even without bread).
    as far as i know quinoa and oats and garbanzos are all carb-laden, and are all at least "medium" in terms of glycemic index.

it's not just so-called simple carbs that mess my personal skin up - complex carbs cause problems as well.
    so this recipe seems like it would only fit into my "splurge-day" diet.
    but maybe i'm misunderstanding what the nutritionist who suggested the recipe is aiming at

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaB View Post
    Perhaps it could be something you cook the quinoa with that gives some flare-ups?
    like water, you mean? yes, perhaps

(different people react to different triggers, and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong
    either with the recipe, or with any individual's awareness of their own triggers.)

as i noted, the recipe sounds tasty - thanks for posting it even if it's not rosaceaproof for everyone

Default jsut starting a low carb diet

Hi there,
    Sick of my Rosacea and doing the strict diet - no or low carbs. Man it is confusing for a busy Mum of 2 small kids (IE have to make 2 dinners) and have to be organised with shopping etc (No time to read lables in the supermarket). I wondered if anyone can condense the instructions for me or point me to the right links.
    I am halfway there but i dont know if i can add Honey as a sugar substitute (very sweet tooth)
    any recipes for no carb buscuits?
    i am not even having oats/brown rice or flours yet because i dont really how bad they are or if they affect my Rosacea.

Any if anyone could kindly save me some time (also a bit bewildered by coflicting websites).
    Cheers