Thread: Baking Soda - Any thoughts on why it helps my rosacea so much?

Default Baking Soda - Any thoughts on why it helps my rosacea so much?

I also post on another rosacea forum and thought I would ask this question here. I add about 1/8 to 1/4tsp baking soda to about 8oz of water (I really just eyeball it and don't specifically measure) in the morning and sip on it throughout the day. I just leave it sit on my counter and take a sip before my coffee, before and after I eat, before bed (sometimes I finish it, sometimes not), etc, if I see that I am starting to flush then I may take a bigger drink and within minutes the swelling goes down in my cheeks and the redness decreases. This is working so well that there are days here and there that I can just lightly apply my makeup.

A while back I tried it according to the instructions on the box for about 5 days and went through something that seemed almost like a cleansing - I got a little concerned about the salt intake (and I thought it might be causing stomache problems) and it seems there is no need to use that much anyway. This smaller amount is enough to do the trick. Now, if I have a few drinks I do make an extra cup and drink about 1/2 of it before bed (it's a real buzz killer too).

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea as to why this is working for me? Maybe it has something to do with my body being too acidic?
    Thoughts anyone?

Thanks and good luck all.

Hi mojo,

Yes, I think it is due to your body being too acidic. There are people who control their rosacea with an alcaline diet. Such a diet might help you. Good you've found something to help yourself.
    Best, Marie.