Thread: Anyone uses jojoba oil.

Default Anyone uses jojoba oil.

Hi peers, I had finally took the courage (because I had visited a few dermatologists which ended up a disappointment) to visit a government dermatologist 3 weeks ago and it was a disappointment again because the dermatologist told me she can't determine whether my case is rosacea or eczema or both. And she prescribed me a steroid cream, sunblock and moisturizer. Steroid cream?!! At first, I didn't know the side effects of steroid cream, after a few days of using I felt that my face is flush red ( I am not sure whether is the steroid cream or my psychology thinking) but I feels uncomfortable abt using it. Than I search the website and releases steroid cream is dangerous to be used for long term or used on rosacea skin. So I stopped using it, I just use moisturizer and sunblock. Recently I found out that jojoba oil is useful for rosacea skin, so I bought desert essence jojoba oil to try out, now I stopped using my moisturizer and replaced it with jojoba oil. My steps is after cleansing, I make a drop on my wet plams, spread it evenly and apply it on my wet face, morning and night. But after a few days, I feels that my face is flush red even in the morning ( when I just woke up from bed), I am wondering am I allergy to jojoba oil or is part of the process of the jojoba oil ( purging process). Anyone has tried using jojoba oil for rosacea? What's the outcome? I feels really desperate, dont know my case and cause. What should I do?!!

Hi Christine,

I have used jojoba oil for quite some time, never got any adverse effect from it and never heard anyone having trouble with it (though some might not find it moisturizing enough). However, everyone being different, it might not be the right moisturiser for you. Is the jojoba oil you use a pure oil without additives ? Is it organic oil ?

Quote Originally Posted by Souris24 View Post
    Hi Christine,

I have used jojoba oil for quite some time, never got any adverse effect from it and never heard anyone having trouble with it (though some might not find it moisturizing enough). However, everyone being different, it might not be the right moisturiser for you. Is the jojoba oil you use a pure oil without additives ? Is it organic oil ?
    Hi souris24, I bought desert essence 100% pure jojoba oil from iherb.com, my face is still reddish, even when I woke up in the morning so I am not sure whether is the jojoba oil causing it or is due to my own problem. But aren't jojoba oil good for reducing redness? I wonder how long should I try it out. Btw, I recently came across an oil known as emu oil, it seems to be an effective remedy for rosacea, red skin. I am so tempted to try but was scared that it won't work again. Have you tried before?

Jojoba oil is said to have anti-inflammatory properties. It is also the oil that is the closest to natural skin sebum. However, I have never heard that it was especially good for reducing redness (though its anti-inflammatory properties could help with that).
    I have never used emu oil but I know some people on the forum use it with success. Maybe somebody will have something to say about that.
    Best,
    Marie

My face is sensitive to jojoba as well! The first week I used it it seemed to be fine. But after a week I think I got an allergic reaction to it.
    Currently I don't use anything on my face, occasionally a little bit of argan oil on the non rosacea affected area's of my face. Never tried it on the rosacea area's, since I'm afraid to get a reaction.
    It does moisturize the dry parts on my face (jawline, forehead) very well and does not feel oily. (skin absorbs it very fast)

Ive been using jojoba oil daily for 3-4 months now and I feel like its improved my overall skin tone and feel. I normally have extremely dry / sensitive skin, and most moisturizers (even the sesitive skin ones) seem to make me more red and irritated. I apply 4-5 drops of Desert Essence 100% pure jojoba oil to one hand, splash a tiny bit of water into it, and then gently rub my hands together and immediately apply it to my face. This method works well for me, and doesnt irritate my skin at all. I may be slightly red after applying it, but look fine within 5 minutes. Make sure you are not rubbing your face too vigorously when you put it on. You may want to try more than one drop and try putting it on your dry face. It may absorb a bit better. I have heard some success stories with emu oil as well, so you may want to try that if jojoba doesnt work well with your skin.

I HATE when derms prescribe steroid creams without giving a stern warning about the future consequences. I would scrap that derm! 1% hydro-cord is OK once in a while...they have stuff that's 100X more powerful, and those are the dangerous ones. Anyhow, about the jojoba, for me it only works well once in a while because it causes my seb-derm to flare up. Maybe you have some seb-derm or mild eczema too? The jojaba works best for me when I use it with sea salts. I use Rosacea LTD III or go to the beach and then let the jojoba work together with the salts and my skin always looks great! If I do it more than 2x a week, though, my skin becomes unbalanced... Good luck with your process!

I have used Jojoba oil in the past, it's a great moisturizer but I have a combination-dry skin and it made my acne came back!

It wasn't a pure one (it had vitamin e, sunflower oil, linalool), it wasn't organic either. Maybe that's why... Anyway, I didn't want to try this again.

Hi pals, I stopped the steroid cream already, just went back to my derma yesterday, this time the doc prescribed me rosacea gel and antibiotics med to take hopefully it can subsidized my redness. I am currently using jojoba oil for cleaning, not even sure is it working for me but does improve texture a bit. I wonder should I try using jojoba oil as moisturizer again, cause I am afraid that it will have not works well with rosacea gel. And I don't know whether jojoba oil will cause further inflammation but anyway, my skin doesn't reduced.