Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skin Barrier Repair Cream

Default Skin Barrier Repair Cream

Hi

I have read in several articles that it may be very beneficial for Rosacea skin to use a skin barrier repair cream.

I would be very much interested in your feedback regarding the following creams, or any other repair product.

- DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Rescue & Protect Facial Cream

- Celfix Cosmeceuticals DNA Ceramide Renewal Nourishing Cream

- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Syndet

- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion/Cream

- Dermalex repair

- PRIORI Advanced AHA Barrier Repair Complex with LCA Complex

Many thanks.

Default Priori Barrier Repair Complex - review

Hi GiGi

In repsonse to your posting (and seeign as no one else has relied) I thought I would give you some feedback on Priori Barrier Repair which I started to use 2 weeks ago. Just a bit about me: I have type 1 Rosacea (Flushing and redness) but no papsules. The Rosacea is largely on my cheeks and nose (which are red and with broken caps). I also have VERY dry skin so have to use a moisturiser. My key concern is flushing (esp in relation to heated rooms which I can't always avoid) and redness. Many products, including those 'designed' for Rosacea, make my cheeks feel itchy and irritate them. Annoyingly I find sunscreens (including physical ones) especially bad. The only thing i can really tolerate in terms of sun protection is Lycogel and I am beginning to wonder if this is because it doesn't occlude skin like other physcial sunscreens??? Anyway, as you may have gathered my skin is somewhat reactive and hates the heat!

I have found Priori Barrier repair pretty good so far (although it has only been two weeks). The advantages for me are as follows

1) You hardly need any to properly moisturise. This is the key benefit for me and I confess I do find it quite 'amazing' (maybe that a little strong but you know what I mean). It feels light and non occlusive and yet does the job on extremely dry skin.
    2) It doesn't seem to cause itching or irritation and hence aggravate rosacea. It is much better than many other 'Rosacea' lines i have tried in this respect. Still, we are only at the two week mark...
    3) I can apply Lycogel (foundation) over it without the Lycogel balling up or looking flakey.
    4) It contains anti-oxidants (A,C,E)

As for cons, well
    1) It is expensive (about 40)
    2) I was concerned that it contains lactic acid (an AHA). Saying this it is at such a low does (1%) suggesting that its purpose is to moisturise (and not exfoliate). I seem to have no problem with it at all (and like most Rosacea sufferers I can't use AHAs on my cheeks). I know this line has much higher strength AHAs for exfoliation but this is the only product recommended for rosacea.
    3) I am still flushing as before but I don't expect a cream to cure flushing as such! I am certainly no worse and maybe a little better as my skin less irritated overall.

So for now I will stick with it and give more feedback over the next few weeks.

Best

xx

Default prıorı barrıer repaır complex

Hı Audrey...It has been a long tıme you had a comment on prıorı repaır complex..Iam thınkıng about buyıng ıt but Iam worrıed ıt can't moustrızer well..ıf you wrıte ıf you are stıll pleased wıth ıt ,ı wıll really apprecıate ıt.....

Hi Elos
    As requested an update! I am still using the barrier repair. I have very dry skin and this really does moisturise well (a small amount seems to go a long way). I used to use 'thicker' creams but this moisturisers much better than those. Anyway, my results are as before - slightly better skin after a few weeks. I am still 'theoretically' concerned that there might be some minor irritation (due to the very low amount of lactic acid) but there doesn't seem to be.

The only other change in my regime is that I am washing my face less (once a day instead of twice) - makes a big differenbce - and started supplements around the same time as the Barrier repair (zinc, broccoraphanin, olive fruit extract etc). These have all really helped (by about 40% I would say).

In short, if your main concern is dryness then definately give this a try (and give it a couple of weeks). It works really well for that. Just one or two pumps is all you need (perhaps more will irritate?)

I hope this helps. I would be intersted in how you get on, or if you find anything 'better'.....

Default :

I have a combo skın wıth dry cheeks and a lıttle oıly t zone..no matter whıch product I used ,ı couldn't fınd the rıght product for me..ı have been readıng about the revıews of some products for ages but ıt ıs hard to decıde whıch one to buy..they all offer many thıngs for the skın but when you buy and gıve ıt a try,you see everthıng they saıd ıs a huge lıe...I was so glad you saıd ıt moısturızes very well..thıs was actually what I needed to hear...my problem ıs that ıt absorbs the moıstrızer very quıckly as soon as I apply ıt and feel more drıness than I do before..a beautıcıan saıd ıt ıs just because the product has a lot of water ın ıt and when thıs water evaporates ,ıt also evaporates the water ın the skın and that way the skın drıes....
    When I read about your revıew, I was very happy and thought ıt was tıme to gıve thıs product a chance and at that moment I ordered one...now,
    I am lookıng forward to havıng ıt...hopefully thıs tıme ıt wıll work out...

Default :

I forgot to ask you ıf there ıs a probabılıty ıt can break me out..cuz some person whose revıew I read ın makeup alley saıd ıt broke out and gave up usıng ıt..I am concerned because whenever I used thıcker ones they dıd ıt..

Default :

ın one of the revıews I read ,some gırl saıd;I have combo but dehydrated skin. This product does not feel too heavy yet it replenish the skin. I use it nın spring and summer. I would prefer something more dense during the wınter....

you say although you have a very dry skın ıt provıdes effectıve moısture for very dry skın at all tımes of the year..how come does she say she needs somethıng more dense for colder months...??do you have any ıdea?ıt has dıfferent effect on everybody ,you thınk?

my order has just arrıved..the product ıs very lıght because as soon as ı apply ıt ,ıt ıs absorbed to the skın..but the ı remembered tellıng me ı needed to gıve ıt a few weeks..no matter how hard ıt ıs to belıeve that ıt wıll moıstruse better than before,ı can'twaıt to see what wıll happen...thank you for your help..

Quote Originally Posted by elos View Post
    ın one of the revıews I read ,some gırl saıd;I have combo but dehydrated skin. This product does not feel too heavy yet it replenish the skin. I use it nın spring and summer. I would prefer something more dense during the wınter....

you say although you have a very dry skın ıt provıdes effectıve moısture for very dry skın at all tımes of the year..how come does she say she needs somethıng more dense for colder months...??do you have any ıdea?ıt has dıfferent effect on everybody ,you thınk?
    Hi again

I am just catching up on these messages. Elos, I hope you are finding some help from the Priori.....I think everyone is different and while reviews are useful they are subjective (and often people write them after trying a product just once or twice). As for me, I only have dry skin and don't 'break out' (I never know if that means rosacea break out or acne? Either way, I don't have acne or papsules). Aside from the flushing, redness, burning and skin sensitivity from my type 2 rosacea my concern is dryness (I have always had dry skin, even as a child/teen) and that, for me, is where a good moisturiser comes in (I don't beleive any moisturiser can cure rosacea but they can help with dryness and strengthening skin barrier). Priori does work for me in that respect but then again I haven't tried the other barrier repair products on the market.

As an aside, I have noticed that the best thing for my rosacea and dry skin is simply washing my face less! This makes sense as every time you wash you strip the skin barrier. I suppose this is difficult if you have combination skin but 'doing nothing' seems to help when you have dry skin!! I am aiming to wash my face (well my cheeks where the rosacea is bad) just every other day - the best thing about this is that it doesn't cost anything and actually saves me money! Anyone else tried this??!

Default :

Audrey hı agaın..ıt ıs really good to hear from you agaın..you told me ı needed to gıve ıt some tıme for a good result..ı mean for a few weeks..what do you mean by sayıng for a few weeks..a month or more???I just want my dryness to go away as soon as possıble..ıAM also thınkıng of usıng perfectıon jel ın the evenıng..your opınıon about thıs????whıch cleanser do you use by the way?ı dont lıke any of these.cuz they make my skın dry ..ıam plannıng to keep usıng barrıer ın the mornıng and perfectıon jel ın the evenıng and no cleanser and no sun protectıon,whıch makes my skın ıtch so ı dont lıke them..ı would lıke to hear what you thınk?