Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pycnogenol

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Pycnogenol

    Does anyone take Pycnogenol? If so, has it helped? And if it has helped what has it helped - flushing? redness? burning? p&p? And how much do you take daily?

    Thanks
    Doug

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I have some in my cupboard but I am doing Vbeam treatments so I haven't started to use it yet. I am going to wait till i am done with laser. If you try it please let us know how it works for you, it is one of the very few things i have not tried and I am really hoping it will help! :0) Have a great day

  3. #3
    Moderator Melissa W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Hey Doug,
    there's lots of threads on this topic. Here is one at random.
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ght=Pycnogenol

    If you do a search you can bring up lots of info regarding the pycnogenol topic.

    Best,
    Melissa

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hey Doug,
    there's lots of threads on this topic. Here is one at random.
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ght=Pycnogenol

    If you do a search you can bring up lots of info regarding the pycnogenol topic.

    Best,
    Melissa

    Thanks Melissa! How have you been? And how is your Rosacea doing?
    Doug

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Hi _

    I do - for about three years or so now. I think it's helpful. This and Turmeric, Zinc, and Selenium are my faves.

    Yvette

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    281
    Country: France

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    Hi _

    I do - for about three years or so now. I think it's helpful. This and Turmeric, Zinc, and Selenium are my faves.

    Yvette

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    281
    Country: France

    Default

    Oups ! Sorry for the wrong click above.

    Hi Yvette,

    You mention taking turmeric. Do you take it for p&p's ? How much do you take and how much does it help you ?
    I mainly flush. I do not get so many p&p's though lately I tend to always have a few of them here and there. So I am considering trying turmeric.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Marie

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Souris24 View Post
    Oups ! Sorry for the wrong click above.

    Hi Yvette,

    You mention taking turmeric. Do you take it for p&p's ? How much do you take and how much does it help you ?
    I mainly flush. I do not get so many p&p's though lately I tend to always have a few of them here and there. So I am considering trying turmeric.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Marie
    HI Marie,

    Do you take Pycnogenol?
    Doug

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    281
    Country: France

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    HI Marie,

    Do you take Pycnogenol?
    Hi mrsmoof,

    I do not take pycnogenol but that's a supplement I have considered taking. The only that has hold me back is...the price.

    Marie

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Hi -

    I buy the Turmeric at GNC - think it's 500mg. Other stores have it too. I think it helps with inflammation and like this and the Pycogenol. It seems to slightly lessen the "red" in my face. I've seen Pycogenol or Pine Bark supplements were added by Dr. Perricone not long ago, as there is some references out there it can help lessen pigmentation/even skin tone. I think the supplements, skin care, and occassional IPL's keep my skin looking okay.

    Yvette

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone taking glisodin/pycnogenol?
    By snuffleupagus in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th February 2014, 06:08 PM
  2. Grape Seed, Pycnogenol, and Glisodin
    By Lawnboy in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th September 2011, 02:14 PM
  3. Pycnogenol
    By July in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th November 2008, 12:35 PM
  4. pycnogenol/grapeseed tablet
    By nikkitn in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8th September 2005, 01:11 AM
  5. pycnogenol
    By shaun in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th June 2005, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •