Thread: Just so sick of being red all the time!

Default Just so sick of being red all the time!

Self indulgent, self centred post alert.

I'm getting to the end of my rope with this redness. I do NOT want to take meds, as I am not into taking any pills unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, but is there no other way of getting rid of this horrendous redness!?!?!

I'm so unhappy. Had this stupid condition now for so long, but the redness just keeps getting worse and worse...

I'm just so unhappy and I constantly look like I've been in the sun for 8 hours....

*insert low doleful whimpers*

Quote Originally Posted by samantha70 View Post
    Self indulgent, self centred post alert.

I'm getting to the end of my rope with this redness. I do NOT want to take meds, as I am not into taking any pills unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, but is there no other way of getting rid of this horrendous redness!?!?!

I'm so unhappy. Had this stupid condition now for so long, but the redness just keeps getting worse and worse...

I'm just so unhappy and I constantly look like I've been in the sun for 8 hours....

*insert low doleful whimpers*
    Dear Sam,

Many of us know EXACTLY how you are feeling, as you know I resisted meds for 9 yrs,

but finally gave in..............I have spent an absolute fortune on 'other' treatments &

I would be in BIG trouble if I hadn't taken my anti-thyroid meds for a very overactive

thyroid, so figured my rosacea needed meds to it into touch.

Hugs Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Ester C,Vit D3,Zinc, Theratears Omega 3 supplement.

*No topical lotions.

*Decleor HARMONIE skincare range.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol for flushing. (none being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Currently free of all ocular rosacea symptoms!

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default Re: Chronic redness

Hi Sam,
    Have you tried Lasers/IPl? I think the lasers work the very best at knocking out the redness. I have used them for quite a while and they control my ROSACEA symptoms, NOT the seborrheic dermatitis! (I have to use oral and topical steroids for that, along with honey masks)

Anyway, I would rather use some type of oral medications than the same-old, tiresome topical meds that so many companies and derms seem to profit off of. If you haven't given antibiotics a shot, you may want to do that, especially tetracyclines. Long ago, I had a reaction to these and had to stop them. They used to almost cure me, now I break out much worse.

Jasmine

Hi Sam, I really know what you mean, I HATE being red all the time, I used to at least wake up fairly pale but now i wake up pink and am red by 11am or so and get worse through out the day, maybe it is because of the warm weather Idk.. but it sure is frusterating, and I am on antibiotics, propranolol, clonidine, anti thyroid, vitamin d, oregano oil..I think thats it.. oh and chantix to help me quit smoking.. geesh thats alot of crap i take! Wishing you well

Hi Sam,

I think we can all understand how you are feeling. My heart goes out to you and everyone else dealing with this roller coaster that is rosacea.

Please take a look at this link when you have time:
    http://www.skincarephysicians.com/ro...skin_care.html
    and
    http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/ind...itle=Main_Page

Red light therapy while not a cure (nothing is yet unfortunately) really improved my redness and flushing/burning symptoms and since it is non invasive it is worth looking into. Remember though that it does not help everyone and it is critical to start slowly and less can be more.

Check out the LLLT stickies for more info and best of luck!

Melissa

Sam I have just registered today because I feel exactly the same as you. I was diagnosed with Rosacea about 4 months ago and was prescribed metro gel but it hasn't shifted or helped it, My face is so blotchy with spots and it looks awful, It makes you feel like crap when you go out because you know people react to the way you look, hopefully we'll both find a cure soon enough or some treatment that will calm it down.. Good luck