Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEBIPROX (anti-dandruff shampoo applied to face) kills Demodex?

Question SEBIPROX (anti-dandruff shampoo applied to face) kills Demodex?

I was browsing the web and found this information on another Rosacea blog (http://www.rosaceacure.biz). This shampoo is not available in USA. Anyone heard of this stuff?

10/05/2009: Anniea from Durban, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa replies: “ROSACEA / Anti-dandruff Shampoo

I am so excited! About 5 months ago, the skin on my forehead, upper cheeks & chin went bright red, began to dry, flake & peel as though thoroughly sun burnt. Coincidentally, I’d just changed my usual facial wash from Garnier to Neutrogena, so figured that, that was the cause & immediately stopped using the Neutrogena, but ALAS! the problem continued to worsen. I’d go the odd week or so with a fairly clear complexion, then BOOF! the redness & flaking would return. I tried Bio-Tissue Oil but that didn’t work at all, in fact it made it worse. This past Saturday, after reading every comment on this forum pertaining to ROSACEA (which I have never had medically diagnosed – yet it sounds all too familiar to what other sufferers have mentioned here), I decided to try a remedy which a Swiss dermatologist had recommended to my son to remove some white fungal spots from his face.

Sebiprox an anti-dandruff shampoo – simply Google it – not available in the USA under this name, but by another. The main ingredient is 15mg Ciclopirox-Olamine.

VOILA! It worked. Just before bed, I rinsed my face with warm water & whilst wet, washed it with SEBIPROX & rinsed it off. I patted my face dry with a clean towel & reapplied a little SEBIPROX to my entire face (avoiding contact with my eyes), left it on for 5mins & then rinsed it off & went to sleep.

The following morning my face was clear & without any redness whatsoever. Really smooth & soft & my pores noticeably closed.

I cannot tell you how excited I am! Thank you for making me aware of a MITE issue, as I would never have thought of such myself. One of my pet birds has a mite problem around his neck, so maybe that’s how I picked this up in the first place.

GOOD LUCK!
    ~@nnie~ Durban / South Africa”

11/08/2009: Annie from Durban, South Africa replies: “Annie back again to let you know that 1 month later & my Rosacea remains GONE ~ thanks to simple antidandruff shampoo! It obviously contains an ingredient that the mites loathe. HOORAY!”

Hi
    I went to the site you mentioned but I cannot find the comment. I'm thinking maybe this person had seb derm and not rosacea. Or maybe a fungal infection.

She mentions "dry, flake & peel", and also : she never had rosacea officially diagnosed.
    From what I read, it takes a long time to erradicate a demodex infestation. This person was all better within 24 hours.

Just a thought.

What's it called in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCity View Post
    What's it called in the US?
    I think this is another name for the brand I use (on-goingly), but it's called Stieprox in NZ (Loprox in USA??). I cannot tell you how good this stuff is in terms of being low-irritant, friendly to Rosacea skin, and effectively treating Seb Derm at the same time... because the active ingrediant (1.5% w/w ciclopirox olamine) is anti-fungal. See: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/dat...tieproxliq.pdf
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Default sebiprox

I have searched the web and cannot find a retailer for this shampoo in the UK, does anybody know where I can purchase this in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by shantelle View Post
    I think this is another name for the brand I use (on-goingly), but it's called Stieprox in NZ (Loprox in USA??). I cannot tell you how good this stuff is in terms of being low-irritant, friendly to Rosacea skin, and effectively treating Seb Derm at the same time... because the active ingrediant (1.5% w/w ciclopirox olamine) is anti-fungal. See: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/dat...tieproxliq.pdf
    Stieprox is indeed called "Loprox" in the US

Quote Originally Posted by avironneur View Post
    Stieprox is indeed called "Loprox" in the US
    AFAIK this is an Rx.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    AFAIK this is an Rx.
    yep this is Rx only in both Canada and the US....not sure about elsewhere

Hello guys,

I also came across that post and did some research... it appears that this anti-dandruff shampoo has had some positive feedback regarding Rosacea.
    The active ingredient is listed as Ciclopirox olamine (a derivative of Ciclopirox).

Here is an encouraging comment: '09/19/2011: Dita from London, Uk writes: "I want to say very big thank you to people here who recomended using Sebiprox shampoo for rosacea. I have rosacea and stopped taking all antibiotics almost a year ago. Instead I wash my face with BICARB SODA and Sebiprox shampoo and my rosacea is almost gone! My skin looks so much better and healthier! I wash my face with sebiprox 2-3 times a week just before I go to bed. The rest of the week I wash it with bicarb soda (mix with a drop of water) also before I go to sleep. I don't use any other products. If you need to moisturise your skin I would recommend mixing a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of milk and apply it on your face as a mask. My skin looks better than ever! Thank you!"

I'm a bit skeptical about finding this product in stores or about it's effectiveness... but I'm willing to try it and throw in some low-carp diet, too. Will report back if any success.

I will have to try this out. I just noticed some redness on my face i have had for a couple of days. I have no ides if it is indeed rosacea or not but will try this ant-dandruff solution to see if it works. I have been using a soap called Defense Soap 2 times a day will see if that clears it up as well