Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rash on my chest/shoulders/back, help

Default Rash on my chest/shoulders/back, help

Okey, so recently a rash or something has spread big time on my chest/shoulders/back. See the picture below for the chest-area

This started happening probably 2 weeks ago. Anyway, the changes I have made the last 40 days are these:

- Taking Omega 3 supplemeants every day, 2000 mg fish-oil
    - Taking something called ProComb which is ment to balance my hormonal levels
    - Eating almost no sugar, less carbs than before and eating more vegetables and 125g raspbarries (used to eat no fruit or vegetables at all but I suspect that maybe I am allergic to this?)
    - A bit more stressed than usual but this should not cause this rash.

The ProComb contains
    L-tyrosin
    L-Arginin
    L-Glutamin
    Magnesium
    L-Lycin HCI
    L-Ornithin HCI
    Zink
    Vitamin E
    L-Carnitin
    Di-Natrium Fosfat
    Krom
    Selen
    Vitamin B12

Note that these are the swedish names.

I don't take that long showers but I don't moisturize my body at all. I use head n shoulders on those areas and I don't use anything else (no conditioner etc.). I sleep without a t-shirt, could it be unclean sheets that is causing this?

Fellow Swede here! Hejhej ^^

Looks like what i have on my chest+face+behind my ears. Derms tell me seborrheic dermatitis

Default Same Problem

This looks exactly like what I've developed on my chest and back. Happened about 5 or 6 months ago. I have severe rosacea on my face, but my chest and back have always been clear until now.

I tried the TTO soap to kill demodex mites but the little pimples seemed to get worse.

Right now what's working slightly is the no soap approach which I've been doing for a few days.

Question.. Does yours itch and does it seem to travel around in little clusters? (expecially on back)

Quote Originally Posted by carrotnumber8 View Post
    This looks exactly like what I've developed on my chest and back. Happened about 5 or 6 months ago. I have severe rosacea on my face, but my chest and back have always been clear until now.

I tried the TTO soap to kill demodex mites but the little pimples seemed to get worse.

Right now what's working slightly is the no soap approach which I've been doing for a few days.

Question.. Does yours itch and does it seem to travel around in little clusters? (expecially on back)
    It does not ich but not sure about the other part. It could be true becuase it seemed to get worse in different spots during different periods. It seemed to have calmed down a bit, up and down as always =

Also, worth mentioning my condition:

Very mild seb-derm left on my nose (no flaking, just small red dots), my scalp seems to have flakes but nothing visable, that's it. Residual redness on my nose and nosewings (and right under my nose) which is rosacea I would presume. But I'm doing okey. The redness is barely noticable except for when you stand right infront of me during daylight (then you can see the redness but whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by analysera View Post
    It does not ich but not sure about the other part. It could be true becuase it seemed to get worse in different spots during different periods. It seemed to have calmed down a bit, up and down as always =

Also, worth mentioning my condition:

Very mild seb-derm left on my nose (no flaking, just small red dots), my scalp seems to have flakes but nothing visable, that's it. Residual redness on my nose and nosewings (and right under my nose) which is rosacea I would presume. But I'm doing okey. The redness is barely noticable except for when you stand right infront of me during daylight (then you can see the redness but whatever).
    If you have seb derm and you're a guy, the rest is probably seb derm as well. Young men rarely get rosacea. And if you already have seb derm thats probably what the rest is. Under the nose is a very common place to have seb derm, mine is there as well and sometimes it goes into the facial hair

Quote Originally Posted by Mogge View Post
    If you have seb derm and you're a guy, the rest is probably seb derm as well. Young men rarely get rosacea. And if you already have seb derm thats probably what the rest is. Under the nose is a very common place to have seb derm, mine is there as well and sometimes it goes into the facial hair
    I think I treated my problem areas very badly between late 2008 and early 2010 (which is when I developed sebderm/rosacea) so the redness could be either one, I don't know. Anyway, I too believe that the "rash" is sebderm which is why I am trying out the b2bm cleanser on my chest/shoulders/back aswell.

fyi I am a guy and 22y old (developed the problems at the age of 20) and got everything under control about 6 months ago.

Seb derm can be incredibly red sometimes, it may look like a pretty bad sunburn when its as most infected. I remember mine was back in december or so when it started to get really cold outside.

Seb derm can be incredibly red sometimes, it may look like a pretty bad sunburn when its as most infected. I remember mine was back in december or so when it started to get really cold outside.
    Yes, that is true. However, before I started the honey treatment + b2bm cleanser + moisturizer combination I used to have even redder skin, ichy skin, AND flaking. The redness is down quite a bit (dependent on other factors as the food I eat, stress, etc.) and the flaking is almost gone (98%). My skin never iches anymore. That is why I feel that the redness on my face is not sebderm but rosacea, i.e. I believe that the sebderm is gone from my face.

Quote Originally Posted by analysera View Post
    Yes, that is true. However, before I started the honey treatment + b2bm cleanser + moisturizer combination I used to have even redder skin, ichy skin, AND flaking. The redness is down quite a bit (dependent on other factors as the food I eat, stress, etc.) and the flaking is almost gone (98%). My skin never iches anymore. That is why I feel that the redness on my face is not sebderm but rosacea, i.e. I believe that the sebderm is gone from my face.
    Mine is the same, very little flaking and pretty much just redness at the moment. But if you have dandruff in your scalp, rash on your chest + behind the ears there's no doubt you have seb derm and not rosacea. Now that im treating it, its starting to flake a bit more but in mid-winter there was just insane redness and burning (i also thought i had rosacea for a while) but the derms were right - i have seb derm

Mine is the same, very little flaking and pretty much just redness at the moment. But if you have dandruff in your scalp, rash on your chest + behind the ears there's no doubt you have seb derm and not rosacea. Now that im treating it, its starting to flake a bit more but in mid-winter there was just insane redness and burning (i also thought i had rosacea for a while) but the derms were right - i have seb derm
    Yes the dandruff in my scalp is still there, the honey has done nothing about that. I also have some in/behind my ears (again not visible which is why I don't care about it but I do apply honey there aswell). Then there is the rash (small bumps) so yes, I guess I still have seb derm.

Btw, how are you treating your seb derm?