Thread: Fucidin H Cream

Default Fucidin H Cream

Hi, I am new here. I have been told I have Rosacea about 2 weeks ago. I have had red patchs on my face that came and went for the last couple of years, but have got alot worse since christmas. Now both my cheeks are red the whole time, skin burns, itchy, flaky, etc. I have been to the doctor two weeks ago and was given Metrogel which did not help at all. I went to the doctor to-day and was given Fucidin H cream, Can anyone tell me about this cream? I made an appointment to-day to see Tony Chu, as I just can not take it anymore. He can not see me untill the end of May has anyone seen anyone else at the hammersmith hosiptal that Tony works with and would be available sooner?
    To anyone that has visted Tony, how many visit did you make to Tony and what was he like? Thank you for you replys in advance and for all your comments on this forum, it really is helping get through.

I looked up Fucidin H, and it has hydrocortisone as one of its active ingredients. For rosacea patients, steroid creams like hydrocortisone are not commonly used for its potential side effects especially on sensitive rosacea skin. Steroids can actually worsen rosacea, particularly with prolonged use.

Some derms do prescribe steroids for rosacea, even though this is controversial. When they do its usually for short term use or of low strength, and under close supervision...

I have been using Fucidin H Cream for 2 days now and it seem to be helping clear up my Rosecea, only problum is, it is only to be used for 1 to 2 weeks, which means it must be very powerful stuff. I don't like using it, but this rosecea is driving me crazy, I wish I could somehow find a cure. I went for blood tests to-day, hope this comes back with somethinig. I know it sounds awful, but I wish they could say this is what is wrong with you and is causing the rosacea.