Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betaine HCL

Default Betaine HCL

I have been using betaine HCL for the last 3 weeks and it has probably been the most beneficial effect from any supplement I have taken in a long time. Best part is the relief has lasted more than the usual 1-2 weeks.

I once tried a betaine HCL product in the past but I took it the same time as taking a probiotic (I have found I always rash up from probiotics, without exception.)

It may be worth a try, I'm having a lot of success using it everyday and cycling my other supplements. In fact my face looks great and I have been eating a lot of triggers.

My particular supplement has pepsin in it too, I think its around 500-650 mg betaine HCL. I take 3-6 a day, in the middle of meals. If I dont take it in between foods I feel sick to my stomach (and I have a strong stomach.)

Keep fighting the good fight all

Great news! Keep us posted about that

Does it work for rosacea redness and what brand have you got? Thnx.

That is great to hear! I too would like to know if it helps redness, burning, etc??? If you were suffering from low stomach acid then your entire digestion process was out of whack. Which would lead to a pro-inflammatory state! So maybe your stomach and digestive system are doing a lot better and thus you have reduced inflammation in your body! I went to see a naturopath doctor and he tested me and said I had mild h. pylori, gastritis and low stomach acid and once we correct these things I should notice a good improvement in my Rosacea. He also wants me to do a detox after I get my stomach issues under control.

So its great to hear the HCL is working!
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    That is great to hear! I too would like to know if it helps redness, burning, etc??? If you were suffering from low stomach acid then your entire digestion process was out of whack. Which would lead to a pro-inflammatory state! So maybe your stomach and digestive system are doing a lot better and thus you have reduced inflammation in your body! I went to see a naturopath doctor and he tested me and said I had mild h. pylori, gastritis and low stomach acid and once we correct these things I should notice a good improvement in my Rosacea. He also wants me to do a detox after I get my stomach issues under control.

So its great to hear the HCL is working!
    Which tests did he run to check for h pylori etc?

Hey daftpunk, does the betaine HCL work for rosacea redness? What brand are you using? Thnx.

It has (and is still) working specifically on decreasing redness. I dont have any bumps or pasts from my rosacea, just red flushing.

The brand im using atm is Twinlab.

I use it everyday and cycle oregano oil, peppermint tea, and pau de arco tea. Sigh rosacea makes you do such dumb things, but my face is doing above average and I'm not really avoiding triggers.

how long after taking HCL did you notice an improvement?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    how long after taking HCL did you notice an improvement?
    Pretty much the same day, it happened within a few hours I would imagine. I think it causes some constant improvement but I have to keep taking it otherwise it seems to wear off, sorta.

The effect is not subtle when I take it with each meal.

I have still been using betaine HCL with success for almost a month (I think its been about that long), basically since whenever I made this thread. I now take 2-3 tablets in the middle of every major meal.

Does anyone know if there are any health risks associated with this supplement, or is it pretty safe? I feel like there must be some risk, after all, it is HCL, which could put stress on your stomach lining. My assumption has been that my stomach acid may be low, hence the benefit of more. Or could it be that the betaine HCL is simply targetting some harmful bacteria (like H pylori) by increasing the stomachs acidity?

Cant wait to stuff my face with stuffing (lulz) and turkey tomorow, happy Thanksgiving all from the US!