Thread: Mascara for sensitive eyes

Default Mascara for sensitive eyes

Hi

I have ocular rosacea and have been diagnosed with blephariitis and have been doing all the right things, lid cleaning, massage, eyedrops but I would love to go back to wearing mascara as without it I feel my eyes look like p holes in the snow, so has anyone any suggestions on a good brand of mascara that would be suitable for senitive eyes, thanks.

Disi

Hi Disi,
    Most mascaras are hypoallergenic these days but that doesn't mean they will work for you. It is very important to make sure you remove all traces of the mascara at the end of the day before bed to help prevent any problems. Having said that it is basically a matter of trial and error to find what will work best for you.

Here are my 2 favorite drugstore mascara brands:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...lline&Mascara=

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...r_Girl/Mascara

Welcome to the RF.

Best,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Disi View Post
    Hi

I have ocular rosacea and have been diagnosed with blephariitis and have been doing all the right things, lid cleaning, massage, eyedrops but I would love to go back to wearing mascara as without it I feel my eyes look like p holes in the snow, so has anyone any suggestions on a good brand of mascara that would be suitable for senitive eyes, thanks.

Disi
    Hi, I avoid eye makeup as a rule - only use it for special occasions. I don't have sparse or blond eyelashes, so I usually can get away with just curling my lashes & maybe a little pencil liner. Those two things 'open' my eyes nicely without risking irritation from mascara (or needing to worry about makeup removal later).

But I also like Maybelline brand mascaras, if I want to pump things up a bit.
    Types I, II, IV - mild to moderate, depending ...

Quote Originally Posted by bellableu View Post
    Hi, I avoid eye makeup as a rule - only use it for special occasions. I don't have sparse or blond eyelashes, so I usually can get away with just curling my lashes & maybe a little pencil liner. Those two things 'open' my eyes nicely without risking irritation from mascara (or needing to worry about makeup removal later).

But I also like Maybelline brand mascaras, if I want to pump things up a bit.
    Same here. I don't wear any eye makeup, unless I really have to. My eyes are extremely sensitive and I don't want to risk getting anything in them. But if I have to buy mascara, Maybelline is good.

Thanks so much for all the advice, I guess it is a matter or trial and error but its great to hear from others who are going through the same thing, Its a great forum, I have got some good ideas, I tried a remedy I read about using green tea and asprin for redness and have found that it does really work for me. Wish I could have a wine again without suffering for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Disi View Post
    Thanks so much for all the advice, I guess it is a matter or trial and error but its great to hear from others who are going through the same thing, Its a great forum, I have got some good ideas, I tried a remedy I read about using green tea and asprin for redness and have found that it does really work for me. Wish I could have a wine again without suffering for it though.
    Me, too! All the best to you. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Ironically these are also my 2 favorite drugstore mascaras, especially the one in the purple tube! They both wash off fairly easy and don't flake or cause irritation etc. Also they create enough drama to where my lashes look very nice and long but not overdone/false. I notice for me while some mascaras create very high drama and my lashes look like falsies (covergirl lash blast i'm talking to you) they are so very difficult to remove and therefor cause alot of irritation in the removal process which is NOT good for sensitive eyes!
    Last edited by bluesky; 2nd November 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Default Blic mascara

My daughter and I ordered this mascara on the internet called Blinc http://www.blincinc.com/

I have worned it once about 2 wks ago i only wear mascara on special occasions. We love it. easy to take off with just hot water. I use a cotton swap put on hottest water i can stand and just slide off the mascara. stays on perfect till taken off. my daughter even wears it on the bottom which i dont dare and she likes it. all mascaras would give her raccoon eyes this one doesnt.

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Default Mascara

I have ocular rosacea and I only suffer when I wear eye makeup and mascara that triggers a response. The only mascara that seems to work for me now is Clinique high lengths mascara (used very sparingly)and Clinique eye makeup remover (blue). I discovered the mascara accidently as I get a sample w/ promotion. I used to use the Clinique waterproof mascara but that doesnt work for me any longer. Also any and all black eye pencils (no matter who they are made from) trigger me now almost immediately, must be something in the black dye. I can only wear Nars in blue. If anyone knows of anyother eye pencils (especially in black) I would appreciate it.