Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arazine

Default Arazine

For anyone who thought that instead of calling Dr. Perez directly we should just sit around and wonder what is going on indefinitely, I guess you should skip this message.

I spoke with Dr. Perez on the phone on Friday. He told me that Signum is aiming to license Arazine out to both a US and European firm in the 3rd quarter of this year. Once the product is licensed, the company that owns the license will then need to decide what product they want to create and mix Arazine with, perform internal quality control, marketing studies, manufacturing, distribution, ect. It will take at least 2 years from the time the license is sold to the time a product containing Arazine hits the market. (The licensing agreement between Rohto and Signum was signed in September 2008 and the product was released in July 2010).

By the time something containing Arazine is released in the US in a couple years, hopefully Signum's SIG990 treatment will be in the Phase III period and that will be the product we are looking for instead of some kind of Arazine product mixed with other cosmetics. Bottom line, if you are waiting for Arazine, check back in a couple years. For now we need to focus on other treatments.
    Last edited by lws1; 4th September 2010 at 09:23 PM.

That makes me depressed

IWS1
    I think you missed the point. It is not appropriate to post personal info with the proposal that we all give him a call until we get hold of him. I doubt that anyone would be pleased to get a load of calls. Congratulations on getting through to him.

Phase III is not being done here anyway, right? So, that means more time for SIG as well?

Only avenue open now is to get access to the product via Japan, I would hope that sooner or later it has to be marketed to the masses.. why neglect the opportunity to increase your sales?

The license that Rohto has is Japan only so they are cannot legally sell it outside of the country. People move all kinds of products from one country to another so I am sure if you wanted it bad enough you could make contacts there who would be willing to send it to you. Of course you can also jump on a plane and pick some up yourself. The question is, is it really worth it? At 20 bucks a tube I am not sure if we have a miracle on our hands or just another product that will show some slight improvement.

I was depressed when I found out about this too, but only because I had my hopes so high. Now that I am back to reality I am at least glad to know that there are some smart and innovative people who are working hard to eventually bring to market a new FDA approved product that may be a game changer down the road. Maybe within the next 2-3 years.

Thought by now we would have heard something about Arazine from Japan - not a peep.

I am not really excited about it anymore. If it was such a great breakthrough we would of at least heard about it by now. I am also not excited about the Signum's pharmacy level rosacea product they say they are working on. It is not even in Phase I yet and they have had their hands on it for years. Seems like it is going the way of Sanrosa

Well it would seem creating a Japanese Arazine smuggling organization would serve us well. Ran entirely by rosaceans. Anyone have connections in Japan?

On a serious note, are there any laws preventing us from buying Arazine or special ordering it from Japan? There must be a loophole.

daftpunk,
    Read the "G-Protein" thread, I have been using the Arazine product "AFC Medirepair" from Japan for 2 weeks now with excellent results, the 1st order comes in tomorrow or Friday for other people that ordered it last week and another order will be placed this Friday for more people.

I e-mailed Dr. Perez at Signum Bioscience yesterday, to inquire on the progress of choosing an American partner to distribute an Arazine topical product here in the US and let him know I have been using it, and that we'd all really like to have easier access to this new technology instead of getting it from Japan, to please hurry up and an American partner! Will let you know what he say's.

Dukecity