Hello everyone, I been reading all through here and I am posting in hopes to get some help too.
Some background... in 2002 when preg. with my first child I had Perioral dermatitis, or so thats what a doc. called it, but because I couldn't go on the proper treatment, he gave me a topical steriod (horrible I now realize) to curb the flare until I was able to use treatment needed. Over the years, 2 more pregnancies, breastfeeding, the whole 9 yards. The rash came back off and on, usually the same treatment was given. My hormones have been screwed for the past year almost (underlaying issue). I got sick with a viral infection (flu) then ended up with a yeast infection, then this rash on my face broke out:
I have been to 3 doctors (can't yet find a dermatologist and waiting on a referal to one) each one says its something different. None of them think its a yeast rash, but just incase I did all natural probiotic yogurt face masks, which hasn't helped on the rash. One thought it was a type of Rosacea and told me there is nothing I can do but wash with only water, another said he wasn't sure and perscribed Fucidin H, yes, I read the sheet, it has a steriod, so I didn't use it. Went back again as the rash still hasn't cleared, this guy told me it looked like a virus on my skin and gave me HERPES cream... I do not have herpes or any other std. but I am using it once a day just incase. I go back in a week to see him. No one has run a blood test, not sure if this would help anyway. I never had problems with acne or other rashes, just this rash around my nose, but by far this is the worst its ever been.
Its sore, tight, sometimes burns and itches, sometimes it feels like tingling on my lip... its really annoying. I can't put anything on it (creams, facewashes, makeup) as it burns the heck out of my face and turns it brighter red then I've ever seen.
Background on me... I'm asthmatic, I have allergies to many things environmental, animal, and food mainly fish and shell fish. I have stopped all SLS, Floride, any harsh chemicals and haven't used face cream or wash for a little over 2 weeks now. I was thinking about doing a cleanse but I am on medication for other reasons and am in the process of weening my youngest daughter from the breast, so I have to be careful what I use...
I have been reading online for almost 2 weeks on this and I can't figure either what it is and I'm beginning to doubt I even had perioral dermatitis to begin with...
Can anyone help me, guide me to what they think It might be and the best way to heal this until I can see a dermatologist... the wait right now is anywhere from 3-6 months... I can't imagine looking like this for that long.
Thank you in advance