Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How I am controlling my Seborrheic Dermatitis so far...

Quote Originally Posted by andrewanand View Post
    i wil try what u tried, and i really wish i wil get those products which u used., again thanks alot, i wil update my outcome..,have a nice time. bye..,
    Hey Andre, have you tried this method. Has this worked for anyone else?

Just checking in and saw that I received a few inquiries by PM. Things are just fine.

I had/have only one very minor remnant - a small spot near my left ear - in the area of the upper mandible. It is very small and does not itch or provide any discomfort. It's just a bit flaky.

I should have continued the desonate a little longer for that spot, but I stopped early. I started it back up for that spot, and have noticed improvement.

Other than that, everything is 100% A-OK. No itch. No redness. No fuss. No muss.

Some people asked about the supplements, since I took a long list of them and they can add to cost. I am skeptical of the supplements but cannot rule them out.

If budget is an issue, or skepticism of supplements is high, my bang for the buck would be on butenafine for about a week, followed by desonate. (Give or take, based on one's personal experience with it).

They key for me was recognizing what to do when the efficacy of butenafine begins to lose its steam - which in my case, was about a week. Switching to desonate did the trick.

Butenafine is OTC in Lamisil Ultra. Desonate is by prescription. My dermatologist loaded me up with free samples. I still have a lot of them left, because it doesn't take very much.

Correction to above: Lotrimin Ulra, not Lamisil Ultra.

As predicted, the spot at sideburn is much reduced now - i.e., all but gone.

As to the earlobes, nasolabial folds, cheeks and chin, I have had absolutely no symptoms of any kind since discontinuation of topicals on June 10.

I have had two dry/crusty spots on the middle digit of my middle finger and on the tip of my index finger. I am not sure if there is any relation. It does not really respond to butenafine or desonate. Those two worked wonders for my face.

I can easily live with the dry spot on finger and don't really try much to mess with it. What I am really happy about is that I have had 3 months with no symptoms on face (except for that small sideburn spot mentioned above).

Anybody have any input as to the dry spots on fingers?

post an update Jeff.

btw, has anyone other than you successfully controlled their SD using your method?

Doing just fine. Same as before.

I don't know of anyone who had any success with what I did. I don't of anyone who has tried it.

That last, little, stubborn spot at the sideburn seems all the way healed, now. I kept putting Desonide on it until 2 days ago. The only thing I can figure on it was that the eczemic/sd infection at that spot was so much deeper than the sd which was all over the rest of my face.

The spots of dry, peeling skin on my fingers have improved some. Desonide does help there a little, but it's nothing revolutionary.

In noticing this, I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Butenafine works wonders to relieve an itchy sd infection on the face. If there is no itch, I am thinking it would probably be useless to use it. If there is itch, it seems to work wonders. Butenafine kills the yeast, but does not repair the damage to the skin. (Just a hypothesis).

2. Desonide seems to work for shallow infections of the face much faster than deeper infections. It is a good follow-up after butenafine, if butenafine is necessary, as I had experienced (since butenafine seems to lose its effectiveness after about a week or so). Desonide repairs damage to the skin. In seratim use as I had done, I think I had to use butenafine to kill the yeast and desonide to repair the skin before a yeast infection could set back in. (Again, a hypothesis).

I am very happy to report that it's been since early June since I had any itch/irritation symptoms. I have had absolutely no itching or irritation for over 4 months, now, and I haven't used any medications to prevent it. (Of course, I have spot-treated that deep spot at the sideburn, but that's a different issue since I needed to repair a deep wound and not deal with itching and discomfort.)

Hey Jeff I'm interested to know if you have had any problems relating to your digestive system in the past.

I used to work at mcdonalds and so i ate there a lot (every shift). After a few months I developed a digestive problem. Doctors didn't know what it was so I just stopped eating whatever gave me stomach aches. After a few months I was back to normal so I started eating everything again. Then I developed Seb Derm.

I have been researching a lot lately and something just clicked.

I may have had Leaky Gut Syndrome. What is very interesting is that it is caused by very poor diet (think McDonalds). The intestinal lining gets damaged and your system can't function properly. Treatment involves avoiding bad food and taking garlic, probiotics, caprylic acid and collidal silver - among many other things.

I read this on here: http://www.allergyescape.com/leaky-gut-syndrome.html

When i read it, I remembered that you recommended these exact things in this thread to treat your SD. Also you mentioned you have poor diet.

HOLY ****

I thin we both have/had leaky gut syndrome.

So i'm gonna buy those things immediately and start taking them. Will report back.

btw, check this thread i recently made: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ernal-problems

ok so i went to my doctor to get tested for leaky gut syndrome

He said that it is basically bullshit created by some alternative medicine people on the internet and such to sell people detox kits and other 'medicine'

He said it doesn't exit and that Seborrheic Dermatitis isn't because of a problem due to something wrong inside rather its genetic and lifelong with no cure.

So since I already ordered all the pills and herbs, I might as well take them - no harm. But i am not expecting anything.

Meanwhile he gave me clotrimazole to apply 2-3x/day. I have never tried an anti-fungal cream. It reduces the redness and gets rid of the itchiness - but only lasts for a few hours. It has only been one and a half day so I will continue to use this for the rest of the week. If nothing works, I'm gonna go back to honey treatment.
    Last edited by genghiztron; 8th December 2010 at 03:49 AM.

maybe you get some inspiration by this story... just made a copy of it from
    http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OFF...02.html&st=520

Hello All,

I know what everyone is going through, I spent well over a decade fighting with not just Acne and seborrheic dermatitis, but Excema, warts, and abscess since my very early teens. I have been prescribed everything From Cortisol, Steroids, Retinols, Zincs, Antibiotics.

Accutane was the only thing that worked, but left me with nosebleeds, dry eyes, scaling skin, and constant liver tests, only to have Acne and everything come roaring back when I got off of it, but I still kept all the side effects of Accutane as well.

No Doctor ever helped me at all. Every doctor says that diet does not matter and there is no cure, I would just have to "wait it out" and take their prescriptions for the symptoms. Thanks Doc, y'all have been saying that since adolescence.

Now in my late 20s, and scarred, itchy, shivering, and anxious like a diseased dog scratching at it's afflictions, I decided to take a different approach.

Internal: 1 tbsp Olive Oil, Wormwood and black walnut hull tinctures, Oregano Oil, Psyllium Husks(fiber), Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice, pro-biotic pills, and water.

External: Tea Tree Oil

That's it, the OO, Wormwood, black walnut, Oregano oil, and Husk Fiber in the morning, and Apple Cider Vinegar 3 times a day. Squeeze one lemon and drink it once a day. Then Tea tree oil applied directly in the morning and after I showered at night. Take Pro-biotics before bed at night, and drink at least 1 gallon of water a day to flush everything out.

After one month, my SD was almost all cleared up and no longer itched, Warts were literally drying up and falling off, and my skin felt smooth all over like an Oiled Gladiator, instead of bumpy like an acne-scarred individual.

This was 3 years ago my friends. When I feel that my skin is beginning to become afflicted, I just buy and Use Colonix for 1 or 2 months every year, but it is expensive, and you can find the above ingredients much cheaper.

Now my afflictions only return when I am not taking good care of my health and diet.

I see many posts on the board saying that SD is not curable, and that there is no "Proof" that diet and internal conditions cause SD and Acne.

I will argue that there is no "Proof" that these irritative steroids and creams prescribed by these "Doctors" work at all. Ask any of these people who have gone decades with, at best, temporary relief from a cream they will have to apply for their entire lives.

The skin is a reflection of our internal makings. Our Liver, Kidneys, Intestines, and Blood. If our internal organs are not cleansing our blood of our wastes and parasites, then they will show in our skin. Seborrheic Dermatitis is an internal condition, it merely shows up on the surface. If you continue to suffer from this affliction after so many years, try and look inward. Cleanse yourself internally. Only then will you truly find the root of the cause.

I only wish that I would have found these truths so many years ago. If only these doctors could have steered me in the right direction.

Seb Dermatitis is a fungal-overgrowth issue... pure and simple. It is difficult to get rid of but can be done with an on-going anti-fungal regimine actively targeting the growth of yeast internally, (i.e. low yeast/low sugar diet/probiotics) and externally (e.g. daily topical anti-fungal cream, raw honey/coconut oil treatment, Dermadoctor Born to be Mild cleanser). I also want to mention it can take months and months to get control of SD, and then you have to prevent it re-flaring - so if you are prone to Sd, you basically you need to find a successful regimine that works for you and make a lifetime commitment to it.
    Best, Shantelle
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ