Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does honey also help rosacea? more honey q's

Default does honey also help rosacea? more honey q's

i was wondering because i have more than just seb derm and dont want to help the sebderm and hurt the rosacea!
    also does it clog your pores?
    im not sure if i should do the honey mask tonighton my whole face cause i plan on taking a shower and when i did the mask on my forehead my face felt tight (dried honey) and the shower also tightens/dries the skin. Hmm...

Also i bought two raw honey jars - one is solid and lighter colored the other is darker colored and liquid (although seems to be verrrrrry slowly crystalizing - says on the jar it will). Which should i use?

I have Rosacea & Seb Derm... I've been using the honey mask for about 3 weeks now and it is helping.

It seems to calm my Rosacea, however if i put the honey on my nose it will break out, so I don't put it there lol... I don't have seb derm on my nose anyways.

I'm going to put up a picture log soon of my progress

I have rosacea and seb derm too the honey does not bother the rosacea at all it actually helps with the redness.

I have diffuse redness, part of which is down to seb derm and part down to rosacea. The honey regime is certainly helping to calm down the redness, although I've no idea whether it's the seb derm that's under attack or the rosacea? Either way, it's doing *something*, which is the main thing!

Persevere with it - it's worth it, really.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ColinPT View Post
    I have diffuse redness, part of which is down to seb derm and part down to rosacea. The honey regime is certainly helping to calm down the redness, although I've no idea whether it's the seb derm that's under attack or the rosacea? Either way, it's doing *something*, which is the main thing!

Persevere with it - it's worth it, really.
    Hello Colin!

Glad that you are having some success with the honey masks!

I agree, I am not sure which part of my redness is being 'attacked' but personally, I
    couldn't care less!

As long as it works!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Ester C,Vit D3,Zinc, Theratears Omega 3 supplement.

*No topical lotions.

*Decleor HARMONIE skincare range.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol for flushing. (none being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Currently free of all ocular rosacea symptoms!

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Hello Colin!

Glad that you are having some success with the honey masks!

I agree, I am not sure which part of my redness is being 'attacked' but personally, I
    couldn't care less!

As long as it works!

J
    Hi Judworth!
    I agree - who cares exactly what it's doing - or how - as long as it's doing it!!
    And every time I apply the mask, I take a leaf from Aretha's book and 'say a little prayer' for Auburn!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ColinPT View Post
    Hi Judworth!
    I agree - who cares exactly what it's doing - or how - as long as it's doing it!!
    And every time I apply the mask, I take a leaf from Aretha's book and 'say a little prayer' for Auburn!
    Colin aswell as seb derm & the rosacea beast in common.....................

You also have wonderful taste in music!

Aretha is my favourite female artist!

Happy days!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Ester C,Vit D3,Zinc, Theratears Omega 3 supplement.

*No topical lotions.

*Decleor HARMONIE skincare range.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol for flushing. (none being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Currently free of all ocular rosacea symptoms!

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

i've been using honey for a few weeks and i do find it calms the redness a little, but it does also make me break out occasionally.

i think it's definitely worth trying!

Hi, I have been using Manuka honey for several weeks now and it is the best thing I have ever tried!

I'm not sure if I have seb derm or not. I have been to several dermatologist and they have all diagnosed me with classic rosacea. No one has ever diagnosed me with seb derm. Papules (or small red pimples) are not part of seb derm as far as I know. Manuka honey works to reduce mine, and reduce the surrounding red irritated skin around them. I actually started doing spot treatment on papules before I started full facial treatment. I have also read several posts on www.acne.org from posters using Manuka honey to reduce their acne lesions.

There has been a lot of studies on rosacea and demodex mites, and maybe there is a subtype of rosacea caused by demodex mites as suggested by Brady (and others). Pure tea tree oils kills demodex mites in only 4 minutes ( http://rosacea-support.org/just-how-...dex-mites.html ), and Manuka honey is created by the bees harvesting the flowers of the tea tree bush. Maybe there is a connection...? This is highly speculative though, and as always you are on your own risk. Start cautiously with spot treatment as you would have done for any other treatment you are testing.

I have not tested regular raw honey yet so I can't say if it works just as fine as Manuka for me (because as I said I'm not sure if I have seb derm or not). In any case it's no doubt that regular raw honey works very well for seb derm, thats confirmed by scientific studies and also by Auburn and several others on the forum. I do think that regular raw honey will work just fine as well not irritating your rosacea further, but you never can tell for sure. My skin often reacts to the strangest thing; sometimes tolerating "strong stuff" and reacting horribly to things that supposedly should be very gentle and mild. Go figure

Also wanted to ask how long did it take for your seb derm to improve? For some reason i woke up yesterday with HELLA flakes!!! (i hadnt used the honey mask for 2 nights) Did your flakes increase then decrease?
    I rubbed some of the flakes off with my fingers cause there was so much it was getting all caught up in my cream i put on this morning!

Thanks for the help guys! REALLLLY hope this works! I plan on doing a honey mask every 2nd night (leave it on for like 30 mins-ish cause it makes my face kinda tight (my rosacea hates that!)