Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuts, seeds..histamine

I understand what you are saying. With so many restrictions, itís definitely hard one to follow.

But, firstly, what made me think that Toiletries part should be followed as well as the Food part, is that in the very same article they say something like ďIf you havenít noticed the reduction of you symptoms it may be because you have cheated in using shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant.. Many people do that because they donít think that this makes a difference, but it does.Ē

And, secondly, I thought: OK since this diet is hard to follow anyway, regardless to the toiletries, I might as well follow that part, because I donít want to spend time wondering why my diet isnít working out.. could that be because of my toothpaste or shampoo. I just thought that maybe it would be easier to exclude those things too, just to make sure that I did everything that was to me.

Especially if it is true what they are saying, that these things that we are trying to exclude from our diet and clean our organism from through nutrition, might be absorbed through skin while using products that contain them.

Also, MasK, Iím very pleased to hear that your skin is enjoying this diet and that there have already been notable improvements (knock on the wood)! Thatís wonderful news!

Iím definitely starting this diet from Monday! Till then Iíll continue to be on histamine restricted diet (this one is a little baby comparing to Failsafe diet).

Quote Originally Posted by maria_moi View Post
    I understand what you are saying. With so many restrictions, itís definitely hard one to follow.

But, firstly, what made me think that Toiletries part should be followed as well as the Food part, is that in the very same article they say something like ďIf you havenít noticed the reduction of you symptoms it may be because you have cheated in using shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant.. Many people do that because they donít think that this makes a difference, but it does.Ē

And, secondly, I thought: OK since this diet is hard to follow anyway, regardless to the toiletries, I might as well follow that part, because I donít want to spend time wondering why my diet isnít working out.. could that be because of my toothpaste or shampoo. I just thought that maybe it would be easier to exclude those things too, just to make sure that I did everything that was to me.

Especially if it is true what they are saying, that these things that we are trying to exclude from our diet and clean our organism from through nutrition, might be absorbed through skin while using products that contain them.

Also, MasK, Iím very pleased to hear that your skin is enjoying this diet and that there have already been notable improvements (knock on the wood)! Thatís wonderful news!

Iím definitely starting this diet from Monday! Till then Iíll continue to be on histamine restricted diet (this one is a little baby comparing to Failsafe diet).
    I hope this will work for you!
    Everybody deserve to have a healthy skin, and to be healthy in general.

Default Nuts high in vitamin e are problematic for me

Quote Originally Posted by maria_moi View Post
    Ok!
    Thank you both very much.

Auburn, I have tried few combos with almonds, hazelnuts.. myself. Without success as well.

MasK, thank you for the advice and that link.. I am familiar with Meganís story and success (saw her photos, what a change! lucky girl.. she looks amazing!!!)... Iím reconsidering shifting to RPAH diet.

But I would definitely have a problem in finding what to eat. From fruit only pear is recommended!? OMG. And just a few vegetables Ė 14 to be precise (plus half of that I donít know what is or isnít available).

I took a look (will have to re-read the whole article more closely) but have I understood properly: this diet covers even more? The diet I started was just to get rid of the histamine, but this RPAH elimination diet you have sent me will help me get rid of amines (histamine), salicylates, additives, glutamates.. right?

Of course, here too I have found some divergence data: eggs are allowed in RPAH diet, and restricted in ICUS. And cashew nuts are no-no in ICUS and allowed in RPAH.
    I have a thread on the forum about my dietary findings. I have discovered that foods high in vitamin e trigger my rosacea. Many of these foods are also restricted on the histamine diet; however, I have found that by only considering the level of vitamin e makes deciding which foods okay much easier for me to sort. For example, almonds are EXTREMELY high in vitamin e so I avoid them. Cashews are low in vitamin e so I eat them daily. You have to check the label of the nut though because some roasted nuts are roasted in oils that are high in vitamin e (i.e. peanut oil, safflower or sunflower seed oil). You can google my blog Cheryl's Rosacea if you are interested in more information about the foods I eat and restrict.