Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It was Histamine Intolerance All Along...

Default It was Histamine Intolerance All Along...

Hello
    Just want to update people on my progress because it may help someone else. I have struggled with rosacea for years and years, since I was at least 12 years old. I have flushing, bloodshot eyes, swelling of my eyelids, nose, chin, and forehead. Then someone on this site talked about something called Histamine Intolerance. I looked it up and thought I would try a new supplement (and very expensive, unfortunately) called Histame which is supposed to help those who have trouble eating histamine rich foods. Well, guess what? My skin is not only clear but much, much less puffy. My eyes are not bloodshot but white. I look so much healthier. For me, it was Histamine Intolerance all along. That is probably why my skin and my diet were so interrelated, and why taking a mast cell inhibitor like quercetin helped me. Anyway, I am now one happy camper. I still stick to a low histamine diet, which most docs who treat Histamine Intolerance seem to recommend, but my face looks great. My whole appearance has improved. If you seem to react to high histamine foods (tomatoes, smoked fish, aged cheese, etc.) you might want to give it a whirl. Histame is very expensive, though, but I don't have much choice for myself. My body really seems to be lacking in DAO, one of the enzymes that helps the body deal with histamine.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Histamine intolerence

Hi Queta
    Thats music to my ears,my dermatoligist finally seems to think I have something else going on BESIDES rosacea and is looking towards a histamine/msg problem,I eat alot of deli foods which are loaded with MSG also, plus I love alot of foods that have high histamine levels,both together seems to be a big no no, since I cut back on both,I'm not giving up eating by the way) there seems to be a improvement,I read alot lately on MSG/Histamine and it makes sense,but I have been disappointed sooo many times before.This looks like it will be hepful so I'm really watching your progress with the HISTAME..Keep us posted please.
    Did you flush alot?
    THX ERIC

Hi Queta,

Thank you for sharing your results with Histame. This is great news.

Yvette

Hi Queta,

Im so HAPPYfor you !

It's great to hear when anyone of us are having some improvement gives us all hope.

Where did you buy the Histame?

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hi-

You can buy Histame on-line or at Vitamin Shoppe if you're in the U.S.

Yvette

Hi -

I'm going to Vitamin Shoppe later today and will get Histame. Will give it a try and report back as well.

I did read on the other Rosacea Support forum (Artist) took Histame. She submitted a few posts initially that it seemed to be working, but then I didn't see anything else. I will try to find the topic on that forum again.

Thanks again, Queta. Please let us know how you continue to do with Hisame.
    Yvette

Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hello
    Just want to update people on my progress because it may help someone else. I have struggled with rosacea for years and years, since I was at least 12 years old. I have flushing, bloodshot eyes, swelling of my eyelids, nose, chin, and forehead. Then someone on this site talked about something called Histamine Intolerance. I looked it up and thought I would try a new supplement (and very expensive, unfortunately) called Histame which is supposed to help those who have trouble eating histamine rich foods. Well, guess what? My skin is not only clear but much, much less puffy. My eyes are not bloodshot but white. I look so much healthier. For me, it was Histamine Intolerance all along. That is probably why my skin and my diet were so interrelated, and why taking a mast cell inhibitor like quercetin helped me. Anyway, I am now one happy camper. I still stick to a low histamine diet, which most docs who treat Histamine Intolerance seem to recommend, but my face looks great. My whole appearance has improved. If you seem to react to high histamine foods (tomatoes, smoked fish, aged cheese, etc.) you might want to give it a whirl. Histame is very expensive, though, but I don't have much choice for myself. My body really seems to be lacking in DAO, one of the enzymes that helps the body deal with histamine.
    Regards
    Queta
    This is very nice to hear, especially since in the past I've had inflamed eyelids and bloodshot eyes.... only on a couple of occasions though, but still this gives me some hope.
    You are right, it is very expensive, how long does it take to notice it working? Don't have to waste money on it more than once then if it fails to give any results.
    Thanks

Oops forgot to add, if it was histamine intolerance, wouldn't a simple anti-histamine available from the chemist do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by ERIC THE RED View Post
    Hi Queta
    Thats music to my ears,my dermatoligist finally seems to think I have something else going on BESIDES rosacea and is looking towards a histamine/msg problem,I eat alot of deli foods which are loaded with MSG also, plus I love alot of foods that have high histamine levels,both together seems to be a big no no, since I cut back on both,I'm not giving up eating by the way) there seems to be a improvement,I read alot lately on MSG/Histamine and it makes sense,but I have been disappointed sooo many times before.This looks like it will be hepful so I'm really watching your progress with the HISTAME..Keep us posted please.
    Did you flush alot?
    THX ERIC
    Hello
    I flush sometimes. My symptoms are more swelling in the cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, and eyelids. Bloodshot eyes. Veiny, splotchy complexion. My derm, incidentally, did mention that some of my symptoms may be related to histamine. I have also had other docs mention that I look like I'm allergic to something because of the dark circles under my eyes. I have used lots of anti-histamines (Singulair, Zyrtec, NasalCrom, NasalCort, Benadryl, Walgreen's brand Wal-finate) but this Histame works at a different level, and doesn't make me sleepy. I'm psyched! Now I'm trying to see how I can come up with the $100/month so I can take 3 per day. I took one in the morning yesterday with breakfast and two last night with dinner and my skin looked so good this morning! My eyes were white and the circles under them were gone. My skin was pale, non-blotchy, and non-puffy. My forehead did not have its usual early morning bumpiness (a state which is causing pre-mature wrinkling, BTW.)
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeSkating View Post
    Oops forgot to add, if it was histamine intolerance, wouldn't a simple anti-histamine available from the chemist do the trick?
    Hello
    I've used anti-histamines of all different types and kinds. This is different. It is providing my body with an enzyme to help break down histamine before an allergic reaction occurs. I have used Singulair, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Wal-finate, NasalCort, NasalCrom, etc. Nothing comes even close to this effect.
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson