Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Histame-cautiously optimistic at this point

Default Histame-cautiously optimistic at this point

Hello
    Just wanted to comment on the addition of a supplement called Histame to my regimen. I took 1 the day before yesterday, and 2 yesterday. Today my face looks very good and my nose looks quite small and non-puffy. My nose actually looks thin; my sister has a thin nose and it reminds me of hers. It's almost like my nose is the way it was supposed to look without rosacea (I still have the little red veins on the end and slightly enlarged pores from years of swelling, though.) Anyway, the jury is still out but I'll continue to experiment with this and keep people updated. Since a lot of my symptoms seem related to the level of histamine in the foods I eat, I thought I'd give this supplement a try. Anyone else try this?
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Queta

Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Today my face looks very good and my nose looks quite small and non-puffy.
    That's great news.

Does Histame make you sleepy/dopey? I just visited their website, it says there that you have to take one or two pills before eating histamine-rich food. Red and white wine cause me to flush, I wonder if Histame would work for that without making me as dopey as benadryl does.

BTW, at $1.25 per capsule, this is a rather pricey supplement, isn't it?
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Default Histame

Hello
    No, it doesn't seem to make me sleepy or dopey. It's very expensive but not much I can do about it. It's a relatively new product so they probably have a patent on it.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Improvement continues...

Hello
    The improvement from the Histame supplement continues. I take one in morning and one in the evening with meals. I still stick with a low histamine diet, but I am one happy camper.
    Regards
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Queta,

Thanks for mentioning Histame--sounds like a good discovery. I just started taking cetirizine (an antihistamine) for flushing/redness and a frequently swollen nose. I think I'll see if Histame helps. A couple questions:

-Do you also take an antihistamine? If so, any sense of how effective the Histame is relative to that? Also, have you noticed any side effects using antihistamines (photosensitivity, rebound effect, etc.)?

-Do you know if Histame is available in any stores, or is it just online?

Thanks!
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi Queta,

Thanks for mentioning Histame--sounds like a good discovery. I just started taking cetirizine (an antihistamine) for flushing/redness and a frequently swollen nose. I think I'll see if Histame helps. A couple questions:

-Do you also take an antihistamine? If so, any sense of how effective the Histame is relative to that? Also, have you noticed any side effects using antihistamines (photosensitivity, rebound effect, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Aaron
    Hi
    Actually, I have taken anti-histamines for years but I had run out last week so was only taking the Histame. Histame is much, much more effective than any anti-histamine I've ever taken, and I've tried so many of them (Benadryl, Singulair, Zyrtec, Claritin, Wal-finate, NasalCort, NasalCrom.) I have not noticed any side effects from taking antihistamines except drowsiness and with Singulair, angry moods. I don't have any ill effects from the Histame.

I only know of Histame online.
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi Queta,

Thanks!
    Aaron
    i think they got this at vitamin shoppe....did the cetirizine help with redness??

Doesn't look like their website ships outside of the US/Canada? Damn, would like to give this a try.

do a search on google many places sell it, i'm not sure if its the histame or prosacea cream or both but i have maybe a 70% reduction redness with smooth skin in a couple days

its started to subside once i took a zyrtec so i am leaning toward the histame

i think i will do a couple days histame then a couple days zyrtec to help keep costs down, i dont wanna take zyrtec everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Beec View Post
    Doesn't look like their website ships outside of the US/Canada? Damn, would like to give this a try.
    Beec, hi, just wanted to let you know that I've ordered tons of stuff over the years from the Vitamin Shoppe and have had it all delivered to Europe.
    Permanent redness, p&p's
    Ivomec, Avene anti-redness cream