Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeopathic Remedy

Default Homeopathic Remedy

For those of you who blush/flush a lot, I really recommend the Homeopathic Remedy Sanguinaria Canadensis, the concentration I have is 9ch so not sure if it would work in a different concentration. A homeopathic doctor here (Spain) prescribed it and it really worked for me. It doesn't make the rosacea disappear though, just the redness I think (or at least that's what happened with me)

Mine is made by Boiron but I think most homeopathy laboratories will make it.

Hope that helps someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Amarilla View Post
    For those of you who blush/flush a lot, I really recommend the Homeopathic Remedy Sanguinaria Canadensis, the concentration I have is 9ch so not sure if it would work in a different concentration. A homeopathic doctor here (Spain) prescribed it and it really worked for me. It doesn't make the rosacea disappear though, just the redness I think (or at least that's what happened with me)

Mine is made by Boiron but I think most homeopathy laboratories will make it.

Hope that helps someone...
    That's really great, however I think trying proven methods (beta blockers, laser etc) first would be better since homeopathy is nothing more than placebo. Whatever works for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by MissD View Post
    That's really great, however I think trying proven methods (beta blockers, laser etc) first would be better since homeopathy is nothing more than placebo. Whatever works for you though.
    Hum, so here is the truth. Homeopathy is placebo. Let's say that maybe you don't know why and how it works for "some people" (millions?). It's very popular here in Europe, btw, but I can understand that you prefer more "agressive" remedies like laser that burn your face during days or antibiotics that work only when you take them. But that's only my opinion about that, and I certainly don't want to start a long and sterile debate about my-opinion-is-better-than-yours-blablabla.

Amarilla, I know Sanguinaria works, I've taken it too during some months. I cleared my rosacea (a little bit redness sometimes now when it's very hot but that's human isn't it), only with diet and "natural" remedies. I personnally never took any "proven methods", but everyone has to find his/her own way to solve the problem, so I respect the other opinion. I was flushing as hell, was red like a tomato all the time. No flushes now, never. The goal is to be free from that, isn't it?

. . . since homeopathy is nothing more than placebo.
    Definition: A placebo is a sham medical intervention. The placebo effect is the
    measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health not attributable to an actual treatment.

MissD
    You must not know much about homeopathy. But to say that it is nothing more
    than a placebo is a very large assumption to make.

As someone with hypothyroidism it took years of going to "conventional/ tried & true"
    doctors without receiving any real help. It was only after much reluctance and suspicion
    that I finally went to a natural doctor. I'm glad I did. Finally a doctor that cares, a
    diagnosis, and a course of treatment. Best of all, I'm slowly getting better.

Of course in any field there will be those who are nothing but a sham. But that does
    not in itself make the science of homeopathy null and void. Just as you would search
    out a reputable and licensed md, so you would for an nd.

Quote Originally Posted by j-tah View Post
    Definition: A placebo is a sham medical intervention. The placebo effect is the
    measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health not attributable to an actual treatment.

MissD
    You must not know much about homeopathy. But to say that it is nothing more
    than a placebo is a very large assumption to make.
    This is a blog by an actual medical doctor who deals with the claims and consequences of homeopathy every day and cites resources and studies on the efficiency of homeopathic medicine, all of which suggest it is nothing more than placebo.

Again though, whatever works for you. I just thought I'd make the suggestion to try non-homeopathic things to treat rosacea first.

Homeopathy cured a friend's ulcerative colitis.
    It cured another friend's allergies. He couldn't stay in the same room as his girlfriend's cat without start to have burning eyes, itching,... Now he's sleeping with the cat on the bed.
    I can go on til tomorrow.

This is not placebo. The best example is on babies, they don't know what you are giving them. But it works. I understand perfectly that mainstream medicine, and especially pharmaceutical labs have a lot to lost, ego and money, so they will say it is not working.
    And even if they think it's placebo. So what? It's working sometimes better than the expensive drugs with side-effects. Nice, isn't it?

Wow, thread necromancy.

People have died from fatal diseases like cancer from seeking alternative treatments instead of the proper medical care they needed. In these cases placebo did nothing and that is why it is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by MissD View Post
    Wow, thread necromancy.

People have died from fatal diseases like cancer from seeking alternative treatments instead of the proper medical care they needed. In these cases placebo did nothing and that is why it is dangerous.
    Yes, but placebo are not the cause then. Stupidity is.

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    Yes, but placebo are not the cause then. Stupidity is.
    It's both.

OK! Enough of the back and forth!! Some prefer homeopathy and some dont.. Like everyone is saying.. what works for you!
    Doug