Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Histamin Intolerance (HIT) and Pseudo-Allergy?!

Default Histamin Intolerance (HIT) and Pseudo-Allergy?!

Hi!

I couldnt find any threads on this topic so I go for a new one. Have anyone heard of histamin intolerance, due to loss of the enzyme DAO (Diamine oxidase)? It is called pseudo-allergy and can cause flushing for example. Researchers have also found a consistently loss of DAO in patients with atopical eczema.

What I wonder is if anyone have tried supplements of Diamine Oxidase which should be available in any health food shop. If you also have problerm with your stomach, like IBS or some general indisposition, DAO supplement have proved very helpful in these cases.

Read about it here: http://www.nutritionlondon.net/phdi/...ocument&part=4

And here: http://blog.plantpoisonsandrottenstu...erance-review/

Regards,
    John

Default Histamine

Quote Originally Posted by colander View Post
    Hi!

I couldnt find any threads on this topic so I go for a new one. Have anyone heard of histamin intolerance, due to loss of the enzyme DAO (Diamine oxidase)? It is called pseudo-allergy and can cause flushing for example. Researchers have also found a consistently loss of DAO in patients with atopical eczema.

What I wonder is if anyone have tried supplements of Diamine Oxidase which should be available in any health food shop. If you also have problerm with your stomach, like IBS or some general indisposition, DAO supplement have proved very helpful in these cases.

Regards,
    John
    Hi John
    Thanks for the links. I'm very interested in this idea because many of the high histamine foods are what make me flare. I have been struggling for years to figure out why my diet and face are so interrelated. I wonder if that supplement would help me at all. I am going to look into this further. Again, thanks for the information. It's given me something new to think about.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Queta!
    Yes, this is another one of the options I of course need to try before I give up.

I found that the name of the product in USA may be Histame? That's at least what I got out of this article: http://www.reuters.com/article/press...009+BW20090312

In Sweden (and maybe all europe), where I live, DAO supplement is called Camucin. If someone here would like to try...

How safe is it to take Diamine Oxidase.

Hi!

Regards,
    John
    Hey
    I found an interesting link about the possible relationship between SIBO and too much histamine in the body. It is in the answer section to this Q and A thread.

http://www.allergynutrition.com/faq.php

It kind of makes sense to me because it seems that when I get my intestinal flora more balanced through the use of kefir, supplements, diet, etc. my symptoms improve a lot. Also, the things we are suppposed to avoid to reduce our rosacea flushing (tomatoes, aged cheeses, red wine, vinegar, smoked meats, etc) are all high in histamine or cause the body to release histamine. I think my next step is to go on a strict low histamine diet (I'm already pretty close but could get better with it) and see if it helps. I also may try supplementing with the DAO once in awhile when I want to broaden my diet a little.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Histamine intolerance

Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hey
    I found an interesting link about the possible relationship between SIBO and too much histamine in the body. It is in the answer section to this Q and A thread.

http://www.allergynutrition.com/faq.php

It kind of makes sense to me because it seems that when I get my intestinal flora more balanced through the use of kefir, supplements, diet, etc. my symptoms improve a lot. Also, the things we are suppposed to avoid to reduce our rosacea flushing (tomatoes, aged cheeses, red wine, vinegar, smoked meats, etc) are all high in histamine or cause the body to release histamine. I think my next step is to go on a strict low histamine diet (I'm already pretty close but could get better with it) and see if it helps. I also may try supplementing with the DAO once in awhile when I want to broaden my diet a little.
    Regards
    Queta
    Whoops...one more thing. Go to Histamine Intolerance on this page and then click on answer to get the info I'm referring to.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I havent heard so much about SIBO. But I know that I have severe flatulens with very much gases. If Im not able to fart (like when Im in class or something) I most often develop stomach-ache with a lot of pressure and gases in a couple of hours. And especially after a meal.
    So im pretty much into the idea that my rosacea is related to intestinal problems. I just dont know how to figure out what it is. What can doctors do? Look for SIBO? Look for DAO-deficiency? They pretty much wont if I ask them. At least that is my feeling. My Rosacea symtoms seems to worsen very quick right now. After a bath its very itchy and flushy all over my cheeks.

Default Histamine Intolerance

Hi
    I have no clue what docs can do; I've pretty much given up on traditional medicine to help me with my rosacea. I'm not saying that's the way to go, but it just kind of worked out that way. Anything that has helped me has been through my own research and trial and error. Some people have done better with docs and derms than I have, and I have to admit that I haven't been all that diligent about getting help. I have gone to a derm, an allergist, had an MRI done, etc and no one could ever really answer why I have facial swelling, flushing, tingling in my body, etc. Some of the things they suggested helped somewhat, some made me worse. If you're interested in SIBO check out the thread on that topic. Some people have been treated for SIBO with a certain type of antibiotic, but it seems from my research that after a few months of being off the antibiotic they go back to having symptoms again. I could be wrong about that, though. The way my naturopathic MD treats SIBO is through diet, supplements, and kefir. He also suggests high amounts of Vitamin C in powdered form, which lowers histamine in the body.
    Regards
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am interested in reading more about this connection. When I looked at the list of histamine-containing (or producing) foods a great many of them appear on the same list of food sensitivities I have. I am certain I have others that were not caught by the ELISA IgG test.

Unrecognized food sensitivities caused many years of misery, not to mention a reliance on steroid nasal sprays and antihistamines (prescribed). I am determined to get off ALL medicines, but dietary control is such a pain.

Like queta, I have completely washed my hands of traditional medicine. I am certain that the answer lies in dietary changes (for me), but it is such a lengthy process figuring out what those changes should be.

So im pretty much into the idea that my rosacea is related to intestinal problems.
    That is what I believe about my own condition.

Have you ever done a stool test? A few years ago I did the CDSA 2.0 and I can't believe how much I learned about the health of my gut. There was almost a complete absence of good flora, I had almost no digestive activity, definite presence of candida (no surprise there), possibility of celiac, really weak gut immunology, and a whopping diagnosis of leaky gut, which then led to the food sensitivity test.

Quote Originally Posted by skwpt View Post
    That is what I believe about my own condition.

Have you ever done a stool test? A few years ago I did the CDSA 2.0 and I can't believe how much I learned about the health of my gut. There was almost a complete absence of good flora, I had almost no digestive activity, definite presence of candida (no surprise there), possibility of celiac, really weak gut immunology, and a whopping diagnosis of leaky gut, which then led to the food sensitivity test.
    I will suggest that for my doctor also next time I meet her. But I must say I have had less gases since I started using DAO-supplement, which now is little more than a week ago. I must have had, I can feel it.