Thread: basmati rice and dr hauschka!!

Default basmati rice and dr hauschka!!

Hi. I wanted to post on here to share my experience with you. Last December I woke up one morning with a red burning face and displayed the symptoms of rosacea for the next few months. Everytime someone turned a radiator on (or anything that produced a bit of heat), was stressed slightly or ate food, I would flush badly and my skin would burn. The doctor blamed stress and I dont think my family took me very seriously - they could see my red cheeks but could not realise how much it burned! My skin felt extremely tight aswell although this was not visible to anyone. I was trying out some stomach acid tablets before this happened as Ive had digestive troubles for a while now and thought maybe these tablets were the cause, I also thought I may have possibly got windburn but I really dont know. Anyway my symptoms looked like rosacea and the symptoms were the same as rosacea too.

I have been free from this flushing now for nearly six months! I basically lived of basmati rice and followed the ayuverdic pitta pacifying diet but did not eat any wheat, gluten or dairy. Not a very interesting diet but I didnt flush when I ate it! Eventually to get my skin feeling normal again I gave up moisturiser which felt very uncomfortable but it allowed my skin to regenerate. I began using the Dr Hauschka regime which helped my skin into a natural rhythm again so I no longer had the anxiety of relying on creams etc. I think I was also taking supplements at the time like MSM and L-glutamine to help.

I dont flush anymore. I hav a few broken veins from this time and also red veins in my eyes (as my eyes burned during this time). The only time I have flushed (but not severly atall)in the last few months is when I've used my laptop I bought this year. But I've used radiation absorbing crystals and a screen filter to help this. im planning to buy some more powerful radiation protection once I have some money!

I thought I would share my story with you incase it was of any use to anyone. I definatley believe that a diet to reduce acidity and heat along with some good skin products(that are free from bad ingredients (such as mineral oil and propylene glycol etc etc) can really help.
    Last edited by tabbycat; 10th August 2009 at 03:23 PM.