Thread: Acne or Seb Derm

Default Acne or Seb Derm

Hi I would love to clear this up once and for all with your help. I dont have photos but will describe as best as I can.

I have had acne for at least 10 years this had cleared up with using the pill Dianette I am still on this.

Diaognosed with Rosacea (mild-moderate) last year I get flushing redness sometimes dry tight skin.

This is only noticable when triggers are present heat and embarrassment.

Receiving IPL treatments - course of 6 had 2 already

After these IPL treatments have noticed a slight increase to the number of small bumps on my cheeks and nose. they are small and some are red some are same colour as my skin but are noticable small bumps.

* Note I dont have dandruff and my skin is not ichy nor flaky.

Is this some form of acne or sebderm?
    Is it possible IPL could make it worse?
    If so how can I treat this?

Dont know what to use of my face to reduce these bumps as im unsure I dont want to aggravate it further. Your help in this matter would be great thanks

I would say that your description sounds very similar to my seb derm-small bumps that can make my skin appear red and increase my flushing.

IPL can have a temporary negative impact seb derm. I would advise that you have a look in the similar/coexisting conditions section for some ideas as to treatment. For me I find limiting dairy and sugar intake helpful. I also find the supplement pau d'arco useful.

This user has been banned from this forum

Now that I finally is on accutane I thought I might as well continue the "trend" in here, and start a accutane log.
    Facts:

I am a 17 years old male from Denmark with seb derm, acne and maybe Rosacea(Been diagnosed rosacea, but still doubts it a little)(Got blushing, and a little red, but think thats more becuase of the seb derm) - And then I also got papules, a little acne and execcive sebum production, very much indeed. And also I am 183 cm high and weight about 68kg.

I will in the next 5-8 month take 10mg of accutane everyday. I will take it mostly becuase of the execcive sebum and seb derm.

I also plan to take pictures of me as my skin(Hopefully) will improve. I do this more for myself, but if you guys think it would be a good idea, I can post them here as well.

Milan

Welcome to the forum.

Please note that I have edited your signature as the advertising link that it contained is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by milan View Post
    Now that I finally is on accutane I thought I might as well continue the "trend" in here, and start a accutane log.
    Facts:

I am a 17 years old male from Denmark with seb derm, acne and maybe Rosacea(Been diagnosed rosacea, but still doubts it a little)(Got blushing, and a little red, but think thats more becuase of the seb derm) - And then I also got papules, a little acne and execcive sebum production, very much indeed. And also I am 183 cm high and weight about 68kg.

I will in the next 5-8 month take 10mg of accutane everyday. I will take it mostly becuase of the execcive sebum and seb derm.

I also plan to take pictures of me as my skin(Hopefully) will improve. I do this more for myself, but if you guys think it would be a good idea, I can post them here as well.
    Ehm.. Why has you copied the start of my log :P?

Because he used it as a quick way of pretending to be a member so he could spam the board with a link in his signature. He has been banned.

Default About to star Accutane

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been struggling with seb derm for 10 years or so... I am just about to start accutane but am worried as my derm is putting me on 20mg per day and plans to increase to 40mg per day to treat the acne on my back and hopefully the seb derm. I'm worried that this is too high of a dose and will make things worse. I wonder if a lot of the people who have seb derm used to use soap a lot in the shower then counter the dryness with a moisturiser... I feel like maybe I did this to myself as a teen, drying my skin out then moisturising because that's what my parents told me to do. Now I'm about to really dry my skin out and more than likely have to moisturise even more... so yeah, I'm worried... but I'll let you know how the accutane goes... also I can't find where to post a new thread? Can you only reply to already established threads?