Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lysine supplement

Default Lysine supplement

Hi All,
    Has anybody tried Lycine supplement ? the message below was posted on the ESFB forum

50% clearance is 2 days sounds far fetched !!!!!

MD

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:00 pm Post subject: Massive improvement in my Rosacea using LYSINE supplement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I used to post a few years back under the name Joninoxford on various Rosacea forums, and a couple of years ago virtually gave up after two failed ETS operations, 9 photofacial sessions and 1000's of pounds spent on pills and potions.

I started trying taking 3000mg of Lysine (an essential amino acid) supplement which also contains within the supplement Vitamin C (1000mg) and Zinc (20mg). Within 2 days the Rosacea has reduced around 50% and my unknowing work mates and friends have commented that my skin looks really healthy. I am 30, and wish I had known about Lysine before. I have been vegetarian for 25 years and therefore I was likely lysine deficient for all this time. The supplement is really cheap, I suggest everybody try it, you can get a bottle of Lysine and Vitamin C for 5 pounds or $10, very cheap thing to try.

Now two weeks later I have been able to eat spicy foods for the first time in years without turning purple and have been able to run the heater in my car (always used to bring me out in massive flush, I was that sensitive!) and now can drive warm here in the chilly Melbourne winter. Give it a go, and report back on this thread. Lysine and Vitamin C is also said to be a possible cure for heart disease. The theroy is the the combination greatly improves cell membrane strength. This strengthening helps us rosacea suffers. Give it a go, cheers, Jon

Sounds interesting.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysine

L-Lysine is a necessary building block for all protein in the body. L-Lysine plays a major role in calcium absorption; building muscle protein; recovering from surgery or sports injuries; and the body's production of hormones, enzymes, and antibodies.

I always have broken capillaries after injuries.. So, maybe it is somehow connected. Unfortunately, there is no pure Lysine in my country.
    reddish

My first thought is that there is not enough information to go on. He started taking three different supplements, not one, and he may have had a deficiency in any of them that might have contributed to ill health. He was also only one person taking it for a few weeks, while I'd like to see what the effects are long-term and for many more people.

Encouraging, but I'm not gonna run out and buy the stuff.

I did a little search on google about amino acid lysine:

http://www.banishrosacea.com/index2.php really too commercial ;] site claiming its all down to amino acids..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ind...&#entry2319057
    Hey ive been useing L-Lysine for some time now and my skin is going so well, i hardly have any acne any more and together with BP its really working great. Im using the 1000mg once or twice a day in between meals, i guess you guys should try it i saw results within 1 week i couldnt find anything online about it but my mom happend to find out about it from a friend, so i tried, and great results so far

a negative:
    http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ind...howtopic=36744

cold sore cream:
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...183216565.html
    "It immediately cleared up my rosacea acne and redness."

http://groups.google.com/group/rosac...%2F2007-01%3F&
    "I've never given arginine and lysine a moment's thought, but walnuts seem to make my skin tinglier, oilier, and more inclined to clog. That might just be coincidental, but it does seem to happen each time I eat more than, say, a tablespoonful. A pity, when walnuts are otherwise so healthy."

anti lysine:
    http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...5062252AAWNfmL
    Arginine is another amino acid, but its effect on the virus is the opposite of lysine's.
    reddish

Quote: "My first thought is that there is not enough information to go on. "

Hey Driven, feel free to ask any questions you like. I am a bit puzzeled though as if like me you are keen to try anything, why not just get the stuff as its cheap enough to give it a go.Mine cost me about £10. The supplement I originally took was pure Lysine without zinc or vitamin C, so it is the Lysine which caused the effect. Zinc is vital for skin health, and Linus Pauling the two time Nobel prize winning talked about the synergetic effects in combining lysine and vitamin c, and touted it as a potential cure for heat disease, due to the fact it stops fatty protein build up in your arteries. So adding Vitamin C is has an additional effect. It has recently been proven that rosacea is cause by a "Overproduction of two inflammatory proteins" (MSNBC, 2008). Somehow the lysine supplementation combats these. Lysine supplementation has also be sold as a cure for rosacea in online ebooks apparently too. I think the information should be free, so please try it, and report back. I'm really excited about finding out about Lysine, as I have spent the best part of my life trying to fix myself, I'm sure it will help someone else too.

Lysine has been proven to be excellent treatment for cold sores too, and so there is a clear benefit for skin conditions already commonly known. Just give it a go before writing it off, Cheers Jon

I think I have some in my cupboard. I must have given it ago but as I cant remember the results I am going to assume that it wasn't all that. If I remember correctly it wasnt that expensive and so may be worth someone giving it ago.

Default L-Lysine and Vitamin C

I will be eternally grateful to Jon for the information on L-Lysine and Vitamin C. I have had rosacea for about a month, and it was getting worse. I tried 1500 mg of Lysine and 2000 mg of Vitamin C twice a day and, after the first day, noticed a dramatic improvement. After using the treatment for three days my rosacea has almost disappeared. Thanks so much, Jon!

Smile

I have had Rosacea for over a year now and have been trying everything under the sun like many others to combat this horrible affliction!! Since reading this forum I decided to give the Lysine and Vitamin C a try.

I ordered 5 bottles of Lysine online for $20 and bought some Vitamin C. Since then I have taken 3 x 500mg Lysine pills combined with 2 x 1000mg Vitamin C morning and night and I am telling you my rosacea is almost gone!!!! I cannot believe it?? My skin is as clear as it was when I was a child. It has only been 3 days!?

PLEASE at least give this a try, what have you got to lose!!

My question though is do I have to keep taking these supplements forever or just until my body neutralize's?? if someone can answer would be a great help..

THANKYOU!! THANKYOU!! My life has begun again

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Hi All,
    Has anybody tried Lycine supplement ? the message below was posted on the ESFB forum

50% clearance is 2 days sounds far fetched !!!!!

MD

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:00 pm Post subject: Massive improvement in my Rosacea using LYSINE supplement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I used to post a few years back under the name Joninoxford on various Rosacea forums, and a couple of years ago virtually gave up after two failed ETS operations, 9 photofacial sessions and 1000's of pounds spent on pills and potions.

I started trying taking 3000mg of Lysine (an essential amino acid) supplement which also contains within the supplement Vitamin C (1000mg) and Zinc (20mg). Within 2 days the Rosacea has reduced around 50% and my unknowing work mates and friends have commented that my skin looks really healthy. I am 30, and wish I had known about Lysine before. I have been vegetarian for 25 years and therefore I was likely lysine deficient for all this time. The supplement is really cheap, I suggest everybody try it, you can get a bottle of Lysine and Vitamin C for 5 pounds or $10, very cheap thing to try.

Now two weeks later I have been able to eat spicy foods for the first time in years without turning purple and have been able to run the heater in my car (always used to bring me out in massive flush, I was that sensitive!) and now can drive warm here in the chilly Melbourne winter. Give it a go, and report back on this thread. Lysine and Vitamin C is also said to be a possible cure for heart disease. The theroy is the the combination greatly improves cell membrane strength. This strengthening helps us rosacea suffers. Give it a go, cheers, Jon
    Last edited by Monkeymagic; 22nd March 2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: I tried this AND IT WORKS.. Thankyou!!

it sounds scary because of the impressive immediate result. I hope there won't be any rebound effect...
    I'm wondering what is in the Lysine that makes this huge difference.
    I've started 500mg morning and night on a empty stomach, I just felt some discomfort, like a little breathless when taking it. It streighten the circulation, so I feel it. But in my opinion, 500 mg twice daily isn't enough to start a difference.
    Did you feel this?
    Maybe with vitamin C there won't be this problem...

Which type of rosacea did you have ? Just redness and broken cappilaries? or papules etc?

MasK

Just want to warn people to be cautious re supplements. No offense to the 3 new members ( monkeymagic, helen hickman, joninoxford)
    who just joined to post only 1 post (so far) about these supplements but my radar is on alert as it is interesting that we have 3 new members who joined just to post about how great these supplements are.