Thread: Tight feeling in the face?

Default Tight feeling in the face?

So, this morning I woke up feeling like I've had a facelift

I get this tight feeling a lot. Anyone else?

Yes, my face feels tight sometimes - like it could crack if I laughed. When it feels that way it usually hurts too (kind of like a sunburn, and it hurts to even touch a pillow) and looks dry/flakey. Try to get your skin hydrated and see if that helps.

Yeh! Sunburn feeling. I get that a lot. It doesn't hurt to touch but sometimes it makes me feel like I've had botox or something because above my lips can feel really tautened (sp?) in a bad way.

My skin looks ok at the moment, but my forehead feels a little like sandpaper in places.

When your skin is tight like this, does it mean it's dry? My cheeks feel tight, but don't flake or look dried at all...just my forehead.

I wanna use a facial peel I have (which has been ok for me before) but I'm kinda scared it'll make the rosacea bad, when it's actually been pretty calm at the moment redness wise! (Not feeling wise) It's got mostly natural ingredients and isn't too scrubby, but it does have fragrance in. I guess most of the smell is from the plant extracts though.

Maybe I just need a good moisterizer? I'm using a 'simple' one at the moment. I was thinking of buying some jojoba oil.

Dear Ragdoll,
    personally I wouldn't use the face peel thing. Just because something is 'natural'doesn't mean you won't react to it.I personally find the synthetic chemcials less irritating than their 'natrual' alternatives, but that is just me.

I would try to use as little as possible on your face for the time being. Maybe just a mild cleanser and moisturiser. I know how you feel though, sometimes I would give everything I own to be able to smear every product in Boots over my face and not have consequences..... sigh

I'm glad your face is doing better! What are you taking/using now?

I am having the worst reaction to something ever. My face is so red and dry and I even have some bumps, which never happens. I have been using metrocream in recent weeks so... maybe its that. Oh dear. Can relate to what you said in your other topic about not wanting to go out. I've been in since Tuesday!!!

I agree with sparrow, you probably don't want to use a scrub if your face is tight and feels burnt-like - stick with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer/sunscreen. Jojoba oil would probably be helpful to add if your skin tends to be dry, just a drop or two with wet fingers may help. If your skin tends to be more oily then maybe the tight feeling is inflammation?

This condition can be soooooo frustrating - hang in there

I found out recently that my tight, rough, dry skin was actually a type of dermatitis. .1% hydrocortisone cream used for two weeks did the job, but I know that can irritate many Rosacea sufferers. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren 007 View Post
    I found out recently that my tight, rough, dry skin was actually a type of dermatitis. .1% hydrocortisone cream used for two weeks did the job, but I know that can irritate many Rosacea sufferers. Best of luck.
    It's strange because my skin feels really soft and smooth, it's just tight. I used some jojoba oil this morning though along with my moisterizer and it seems to have helped a bit

I've still got that horrible sunburnt feeling though!