Thread: Protopic itch! AHH!

Default Protopic itch! AHH!

One of these days I'll learn to stop trying new products and just stick with what works! In the meantime, I have Protopic to help my face recover from the torture I put it through. Problem is, Protopic makes my skin itch like crazy! Has anyone else experienced this?

It says on the package that it may cause itching, but once the skin is healing the itching will subside. That's exactly what happens, but during the initial treatment of a flare up spot it is a horribly intense itch. I was up half the night trying not to scratch my face off! I was sure I'd wake up completely red and bruised today, but luckily I didn't! It seems to be working already, and the itching has now subsided, but HOLY CRAP was it bad! I ended up falling asleep with an ice pack on my face.

Does this happen to anyone else? (I tried Elidel, but my skin really doesn't like it, so I have to stick with using a touch of Protopic as needed.)

~J

I haven't used protopic but just wanted to sympathize! In my first few days of finacea use last week, I wanted to scratch my face off too. Stinging's one thing, but this was something else...

I never learn my lesson about new products either. I always suspect that something, somewhere, is finally going to make the difference. And it usually does, but in a bad way...

Best wishes,
    Kristina

At least you guys use products that help you (albeit some itchy side effects) or try new products that may help you. I keep trying to use products that not only haven't helped me but have caused bad reactions in the past thinking that now, they will finally work like they are supposed to and I try them yet again. What was that definition of insanity again LOL

Default Protopic

Quote Originally Posted by boo2facialredness View Post
    One of these days I'll learn to stop trying new products and just stick with what works! In the meantime, I have Protopic to help my face recover from the torture I put it through. Problem is, Protopic makes my skin itch like crazy! Has anyone else experienced this?

It says on the package that it may cause itching, but once the skin is healing the itching will subside. That's exactly what happens, but during the initial treatment of a flare up spot it is a horribly intense itch. I was up half the night trying not to scratch my face off! I was sure I'd wake up completely red and bruised today, but luckily I didn't! It seems to be working already, and the itching has now subsided, but HOLY CRAP was it bad! I ended up falling asleep with an ice pack on my face.

Does this happen to anyone else? (I tried Elidel, but my skin really doesn't like it, so I have to stick with using a touch of Protopic as needed.)

~J
    I hated this stuff. My guess is that it is the base that is causing you to itch, it is very occlusive and that can certainly cause skin itch.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."