NOTE: I posted this exact same thread on the KPRF community site. I do not know much about rosacea but a lot about KPRF.
Ok guys, i noticed a lot of people over in the rosacea forums are suffering from KPRF and trying to approach it like rosacea. So, lets make a detailed list of the similarities and differences. Just post any similarities and differences you know or can find and post them, i will keep them updated.
- Rosacea usually starts after 30's, While KPRF can start at any time.
- Rosacea is usually accompanied by "Acne" different from white/black heads...usually contains pus, While kPRF bumps(if on the face) contain keratin(usually small hard bumps)
- Rosacea redness can be all over the face, while KPRF usually is limited to cheeks, chin, ears(?), areas to the left and right of eyes(top of sideburns)
- Rosacea have a set treatment, while KPRF is treated many different ways and usually varies from person to person.
- Rosacea can appear in the eye!
KPRF- tends to follow a donut shape of redness, while rosacea is less shape specific.
KPRF- pores are closed due to keratin, while rosacea pores can be very obvious.
KPRF- almost always the sufferer will exhibit KP on body as well-
- Dry skin
- Flush/Blush easily
- some type of bumps
- Facial burning and stinging
- They both usually cause anxiety and hurt self-confidence/ causes phobias of redness o.o.
- Both are caused by genetics
- Lasers are able to treat both to some degree.
-KPRF is known to become worse or better with age? While rosacea becomes worse with time.
Okay guys add your 2 cents and lets help people who are not sure what they have diagnose themselves!
Constructive criticism is welcomed! I want this list to be accurate. Sticky if you feel the need, people need this information. thanks.
edited by phlika to add additional comments as requested