Thread: Blotchy Red Skin after showers

Default Blotchy Red Skin after showers

I get pretty blotchy red skin on my shoulders, upper arms, neck, upper chest, upper back, and face after showers. It usually goes away in 30 minutes or less. I was wondering if anyone else gets this or has gotten it in the past? I wash with a cetaphil cleansing bar, and I try to not make the water to hot. Maybe my showers are too long. I also have acne on the upper back, upper arms, and shoulders. Maybe I should wash with something differently to help that out?

I think some people get this no matter what they do. I shower in warm water, with a gentle shower gel, I'm out in about 10 minutes and I still get this problem (and I dont rub my skin).

besito

all people get red in the face from sun burns, cold weather and hot showers...When you got rosacea the redness just persists a little longer. I wouldn't worry unless the redness causes flushes hours after your bath :rambo:

I get red after showers too.
    The first time it happened was a few years ago. My chest looked beet red and it hurt to touch it. And of course being the hypochondriac that I am, I start thinking that I am having an allergic reaction to something.

Now I know to cool the water temp a little bit. Especially if my skin is dry.
    And I try not to stand in the stream of water so much, or I will keep my back to it.

my face gets blotchy after showers(not my body). its possible you guys have uriticaria/hives as a result of water, but theres a good chance your just sensitive because of the rosacea. water dry's skin and is one of many triggers.

I remember some members explaining to me that the hot/warm water can trigger histamine release in the skin. I can only shower for a very short time (which is difficult once you are under it..). Otherwise I stay flushed for the rest of the day. I wash myself every day, but try to shower every other day to avoid this extra triggered flushing by it.

I used to get red, since I changed my diet and shower with cold water my skin actually looks the best after I shower.

Same thing for me. It's now nearly OK :

- stop long shower (i'm taking my shower in 4/5 minutes).
    - lower the temperature

I also get this but mostly just on my face. It's considerably improved if I lower the temperature of my shower. Try not to get shampoo on your face also. If you stand with your back to the shower and tilt your head back, you can completely clean your hair without getting shampoo on your face