Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear flush question

Default Ear flush question

Does anyone else experience hot flushed ears completely randomly, but without a flushed face? Or actually, with me, more commonly is to have only one hot red ear, one cool normal ear, and no facial flushing. Any ideas what is causing ear flushing by itself like that?

I do get that. Sometimes they flush when my face does but the rest of the time just by themselves or one at a time.

I don't know why it happens but it seems to be not that uncommon...Try searching on the internet..i once found a whole website with loads of people (without rosacea) posting about their ears doing this!

Botox was extremely helpful to me in shutting down my ear flushes. Botox combined with IPL. My IPL doctor treats my ears as well as my face. I've also been using the Beta Blocker Zebeta and that has gone a long way towards shutting down all flushes.

That's interesting. Have you had botox on your face for flushing too? I've always wondered if it worked for that.

I also found that website i refered to:

http://www.peterbe.com/One-hot-ear

Thanks guys. After some searching I came across a website discussing the "one red ear syndrome". There were 322 comments and I didnt have time to read through them all, but I figure I would post the link in case others were curious about why it happens. Although, I read about 50-60 of the replys and they are mostly people experiencing the same thing. No mention of rosacea.

http://www.peterbe.com/One-hot-ear

EDIT* looks like you beat me to it.

it happens to me too. the thing with ear flushing/redness is that alot of non rosaceans tend to get it as well. i have a friend who does not even have the slightest symptom of rosacea yet his ears get red from the cold but his face doesent.

I think i edited my post at the same time you were replying!
    It must be the only red ear flushing website!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggirl
    I think i edited my post at the same time you were replying!
    It must be the only red ear flushing website!
    Yeah, funny how that happened, I couldnt believe I missed that when I first read your post.

Youre right, there doesnt seem to really be that much out there regarding ear flush, and many of the posts I read from that site claimed that they had seen doctors, but no one could figure out what the underlying cause of the ear flushing was. What a strange condition.

My ear flushing starts with one ear ( it can be either) and then the second joins in.
    Yes I also had some ear flushing before I got rosacea, even when very young, but this was not very often, and tended to be when very tired!
    Now when the ears flush so does my face but the facial flushing is much less severe than the ears.
    Now, as mentioned before in other posts, I have been taking Eredicane sinc late march, and this has reduced the flushing, and I even had a period of no flushing, I know some people have tried it with no success.
    When I hav IPL on my face it obviously reduces the vessels on the face which also helps with the ear flushing (no IPL on the ears themselves)

When one is very sensitive, you can get "patches" of flushing on your cheeks or nose, etc. Same thing with ears. If you're very sensitive, they can just flush for seemingly no reason. Made me feel like an elephant cooling itself, actually.

Laser/IPL can help with ear flushing, though. And I'm assuming you don't apply potentially irritating products to your ears?
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.