Thread: Fake tan for rosacea skin?

Default Fake tan for rosacea skin?

I got hypo pigmentation from IPL and I'm thinking about using fake tanning cream to make it less noticable. Does anyone know of any good ones that are gentle enough for rosacea skin? Also does it help the skin look less red? I'm think about doing it anyway but if i could kill two birds with one stone that would be great. Has anyone tried it?

Melanotan, buit that can increase hyperpigmentation

Quote Originally Posted by fut
    Melanotan, buit that can increase hyperpigmentation
    Has that been properly tested and where can i buy it? I live in Australia. What i was thinking of is a regular fake tan because i doubt melanotan would help the areas of my skin with no pigment at all. Flushing has never been a problem for me ever since i stopped using steriod cream years ago, just permament redness. So my irritantion level isn't so low i can't use creams on my skin. Well after my seb derm clears up that is...

It's in clinical testing right now. But it isn't regulated and there is a large amount of peopel already using it. The company that is going to market the drug is based in Australia where you live because so many people get skin cancer there

It would help the palest of palest skin you would ever have. This drug is great for permanent redness, covers it up so well and it looks like a REAL tan - please visit melanotan.org and learn more!

Fut,

Im not sure I would rush to use that particular drug right away. Iv heard alot about how it triggers flushing even in normal people.

That said, self tanning products can also be quite harsh. I used one of the self tanning moisturizers during the summer. I could tolerate it on a good day if my skin was feeling good, but on bad days it made me flush a little.

I do believe there are some which are made to be gentler though. This is pretty good site and worth a look for info:

"I have rosacea. It is safe for me to use sunless tanners?

Many people with rosacea are drawn to sunless tanners. The brownish hue of a sunless tan can disguise the redness of rosacea; tanning in the sun can cause rosacea flare ups and must be avoided.

But before applying sunless tanners to your face, consult your dermatologist. DHA can be a potent skin irritant. While you should be able to use sunless tanners on your body, for your face consider the advice of a long time sunless.com visitor who suffers from rosacea:

Find a zinc oxide sunscreen that you can use daily. It can be tinted to your natural flesh tint or even a "tanned" tint...this can be done at your local compounding pharmacy for little cost. A few dots on the face, blended in, will be invisible to the naked eye. This extra step can be well worth the effort, and dodges the risk of irritation and making the disease worse!"

http://www.sunless.com/help/faq.php

BB

Default Self tanner

I also would like to know if there are good self tanners for a rosacea skin. That does not irritate.
    I understand the zinc oxide creme but when you are living in a country where it's 30 degrees. It is much easier tu use something that's stay's on and not melt from your skin.

Are does it stay on? My englisch is not so good.

Steph,

If you exfoliate the skin properly first, self tan will not come off. It stains the skin I believe and only comes off when dead skin falls.

BB

Hey Bob,

i think i misunderstand you. And that because ofmy english.
    You say:
    Find a zinc oxide sunscreen that you can use daily. It can be tinted to your natural flesh tint or even a "tanned" tint...this can be done at your local compounding pharmacy for little cost. A few dots on the face, blended in, will be invisible to the naked eye. This extra step can be well worth the effort, and dodges the risk of irritation and making the disease worse!"

If you tint the cream it must be wit DHA, the main prdouct to tan in a self tanner. Or do they just color the cream lik a fondation?

Default Paula's choice

Hey bob,

i found out that the zinc oxide cream is only a sort of make up not a tanner.

I heard that 'Paula's choice almost the real thing self tanner" is the self tanner that's the most safe for rosaceans.
    -No oil
    -No fagance
    -No Aha
    just a litle alcohol i think

Did anyone ever used this? I hope ther will be a reaction!!!!!