View Poll Results: What is your most pronounced negative side-effect (if any) from using red light therapy?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increased flushing

2 5.41%
  • Increased redness

5 13.51%
  • Increased "burning" sensations

1 2.70%
  • Increased acne symptoms

1 2.70%
  • Vision problems

0 0%
  • Physical burns

0 0%
  • Dryness

1 2.70%
  • Swelling

1 2.70%
  • Thickening of tissue

0 0%
  • Pain

1 2.70%
  • Rash

0 0%
  • Other (please post)

6 16.22%
  • No negative side-effects

19 51.35%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you experienced side-effects from Red Light Therapy?

Default Have you experienced side-effects from Red Light Therapy?

If you've used red light therapy (excluding infrared, I think that would be better as a separate poll), please vote on your experience.

There seems to some level of confusion surrounding the side-effects of this treatment. I hope this poll will help people (like myself) who are still undecided on red light therapy.

Thanks for voting.

Hi Nullbit

I wasn't able to vote in your poll as all of the side-effects listed are negative and I have not experienced any negative side effects from using my low level red LED array. I could not vote "no side effects" either because I have had positive results, which I have already posted about.

It's a bit of a one sided poll really. That is, there is no option to say if it has helped, only if it has harmed. Oh and don't get me wrong, I want to know if anyone has truly been harmed by low level red light therapy. I simply can not comprehend HOW one could be harmed!

Perhaps it is confusing for some, it really is a matter of reading up on it if you are interested in this option. One thing I would like to point out is that putting INFRARED to your face is not a good idea. NEAR infrared perhaps but I haven't tried it myself.

Please, please, if anyone is interested in red light therapy, do your homework. There is a great deal of info here on this Forum and many, many links that have been posted. Please do not make the mistake of putting HIGH power light to your face!!! Please take the time to understand the technology of LOW powered light. Please take the time to read what is out there.

I believe that it is exciting technology that us Roscaeans can tap into but please research your options.

Jen

Edit: I found an option for your Poll "Other".

You're joking right?

Hey, I'll play. My experience, mirrored by the vast majority of users are:

DEcreased flushing
    DEcreased redness
    DEcreased "burning" sensations
    DEcreased acne symptoms
    NO Vision problems Only when I take off my glasses for treatment.
    Physical burns ya, right. Oh dear, I just got a paper cut from that balloon...
    DEcreased Dryness
    REDUCED Swelling
    Thickening of tissue Only thickening of tissue is due to slanted threads like this one.
    Pain In the butt.
    Rash Hehe, this one's the funniest. Check out the LED threads posted here that show a before and after of an intractable rash.

Other (please post) : How on earth did you come with this stuff? Love that you just joined. Was it for this?

Happiness is a choice.

I realise it's a bit one sided. It's seems clear the RLT has positive benefits for most people so I didn't really think it was necessary to cover that in this poll.

I made this poll for people (like myself) who would like to go ahead with RTL, but are still a little apprehensive, and would reassurance from people who have already tried that nothing bad is likely to happen.

In summary, the poll was specifically aimed at addressing the risks (if any), and not the benefits which seem to be well documented.

Well, since there are some RLT bashers about (either bashing RLT, or the posters who post on RLT) it is very good that you clarified your intent/goal.

Happiness is a choice.

Hi Nullbit

Well, sorry but your Poll is not just "a bit one sided" it is completely negative.

Anyway, I do understand wanting to know more from folks who use it for Rosacea. Perhaps you could consider that the positive benefits of RLT for Rosacea have indeed been well documented here and therefore those who are trying it do not have negative responses to offer. Of course, I can only speak for myself but I have had no negative reactions.

If you do decide to try it, please do let us know how you get on.

Jen

How dare you attempt to find out what side-effects people using RLT may have experienced.

Blasphemy.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Gawd Steve! I'm all for knowing the pros and cons of individual users. You've done enough reading on it. Please do post your findings.

Have you been using it yourself, Steve?

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301
    How dare you attempt to find out what side-effects people using RLT may have experienced.

Blasphemy.
    And there it is.

Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Gawd Steve! I'm all for knowing the pros and cons of individual users. You've done enough reading on it. Please do post your findings.

Have you been using it yourself, Steve?

Jen
    Of course I'm not using it.

What does that have to do with anything?

Of course, I am evaluating it for possible use, why wouldn't I? But I just view it as a treatment, not a religion. So I'm attempting to make an informed decision. Do you know what would be a great help in making an informed decision?

LEARNING WHAT SIDE-EFFECTS OTHERS HAVE HAD.

So just stop bullying people and let members respond honestly to the poll.

(And, FYI, there's practically no information out there on how RLT affects rosaceans. That's why this forum is such a potentially helpful source of information that's not available elsewhere.)
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER